Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Axe attack in Duesseldorf

Jan 30, 2008
Yugoslavia was a big country consisting of several countries such as —Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, the Republic of Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia.

Is there any particular reason you chose Bosnia?
well ...........YUGOSLAVIA DOESN'T EXCIST :dunce:
regards
DR

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
well ...........YUGOSLAVIA DOESN'T EXCIST :dunce:
regards
DR

I love the way you infer that someone is a dunce and then spell a common word like 'exist' incorrectly.

:lolol:

NSC would miss you, mate. One of my favourite posters. So hard to dislike whatever outrageous views you have. Someone will just have to be offended on my behalf.

Jan 30, 2008
:quote=brighton lines;7837610]i love the way you infer that someone is a dunce and then spell a common word like 'exist' incorrectly.

:lolol:

Nsc would miss you, mate. One of my favourite posters. So hard to dislike whatever outrageous views you have. Someone will just have to be offended on my behalf.[/quote] my pleasure :lolol::dunce:
regards
DR

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
I grew up during the troubles in Northern Ireland, bombings killings maiming both here and in Ireland.

Now what religion were they? Answer is Christian

I've never trusted the buggers since.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Surely a terrorist attack has to be linked to some form of ideology - where people are attempting to create 'terror' to further their cause. Otherwise everything is a terrorist attack. We have no way of knowing whether this was terrorism or just some random lunatic.

Yup. Terrorists, contrary to what our politicians and the media want us to believe, our rational, and not irrational. They're rational in the sense that they have a goal, and are deploying terror as a means to that particular end. Again in stark contrast to the impression created by our media and politicians, terrorists aren't terribly interested in mass destruction, and particularly weapons of mass destruction. What they're interested in is the spectacle, of which the Twin Towers attack will take some doing to surpass. When interviewed, Al Qaeda leaders have indicated that they're not interested in biological or chemical weapons, as they're counter-productive and, unlike spectacles, they don't spread fear amongst the 'enemy' population nor do they inspire those that whose identity they're appealing to.

The poster you're replying to would include domestic violence as a form of terror, probably because he's been drinking from the dirty cup constantly circulated by the media and unscrupulous politicians.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
It may be in the past tense, but in a big country, dreams stay with you

Has anyone every told you that you've got an utterly random taste in music? I mean Big Country*, that tosh band you and Ady like with the singer called Brian and Low. I put it down to your visual habits, which is messing with your auditory powers of judgment.

* they were about the third or fourth band I ever saw. In some stadium/big arena (which just about sums them up).

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Has anyone every told you that you've got an utterly random taste in music? I mean Big Country*, that tosh band you and Ady like with the singer called Brian and Low. I put it down to your visual habits, which is messing with your auditory powers of judgment.

* they were about the third or fourth band I ever saw. In some stadium/big arena (which just about sums them up).

I think you are probably right, although getting 22 Placebo songs into a single episode of the Albion Roar was an achievement, along with the 18 of The Smiths tracks that I sneaked into an article about the Albion's finances in the offical program a few years ago.

The only time I saw Stuart Adamson (singer/guitarist with Big Country) live was at the Top Rank in 1978 (or 9?) with The Skids, trememdous gig!

Next set of gigs lined up are Elvis Costello, Elbow, Stiff Little Fingers, 10cc, Adam Ant, The Skids,The Courteeners, Eddie Vedder, Tom Clarke (The Enemy) and Radiohead. There is no accounting for my lack of taste!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Axe Attack in Düsseldorf? Was anyone else expecting a thread about a German heavy metal festival?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I think you are probably right, although getting 22 Placebo songs into a single episode of the Albion Roar was an achievement, along with the 18 of The Smiths tracks that I sneaked into an article about the Albion's finances in the offical program a few years ago.

The only time I saw Stuart Adamson (singer/guitarist with Big Country) live was at the Top Rank in 1978 (or 9?) with The Skids, trememdous gig!

Next set of gigs lined up are Elvis Costello, Elbow, Stiff Little Fingers, 10cc, Adam Ant, The Skids,The Courteeners, Eddie Vedder, Tom Clarke (The Enemy) and Radiohead. There is no accounting for my lack of taste!

Placebo and The Smiths in the same sentence. You're at it again.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015

I am sure I was at that skids gig in 78/9..... also SLF about a year later... carnage it ws if I recall.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Jesus. Don't take this the wrong way but this is a wonderfully chaotic list of bands.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Yup. Terrorists, contrary to what our politicians and the media want us to believe, our rational, and not irrational. They're rational in the sense that they have a goal, and are deploying terror as a means to that particular end. Again in stark contrast to the impression created by our media and politicians, terrorists aren't terribly interested in mass destruction, and particularly weapons of mass destruction. What they're interested in is the spectacle, of which the Twin Towers attack will take some doing to surpass. When interviewed, Al Qaeda leaders have indicated that they're not interested in biological or chemical weapons, as they're counter-productive and, unlike spectacles, they don't spread fear amongst the 'enemy' population nor do they inspire those that whose identity they're appealing to.

The poster you're replying to would include domestic violence as a form of terror, probably because he's been drinking from the dirty cup constantly circulated by the media and unscrupulous politicians.

As a member of the 'enemy' population can i just say terrorists aquiring biological/chemical weapons would make me fearful. I doubt I would be alone in thinking this.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here