Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is football one big giant staged show ?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
After last nights dramatics at the Camp Nou with two goals in injury time one of them a penality watched by millions of people around the world. What better advert for football and all those buying into the franchises around the world including advertising the list goes on.

My eyes lite up when I saw Sepp Blatter in the crowd and crazy thoughts (as usual) started running through my tiny mind....

Was this result fixed or staged,

What if all football is fixed and staged and instead of "training" squads are actually practising the next show down to the last kick"

What if the highest transfer fees are reserved for the best actors not players, the best looking to sell you more products etc...

Explains why clubs are so eager to get rid of Tevez so quickly I guess. :sick:

Bollox I hear you cry, and Bollox it may well be....

What if :mad:

Have any games other than last nights got you thinking..... How many have you have watched and thought hmmmmm

I can think of the famous 0-0 Southampton & Tottenham now that was staged.... All part of the show people ?

:dunce:
You may have a point as the modern day fans believe anything it seems and look no further than "AMERICAN WRESTLING" as that is the pinnacle of staged propaganda.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
France vs Brazil '98.

Edmundo refused to throw it, Ronaldo got decked in the dressing room fracas... why? The French government trade deals with Brazil and certain 'loans' perchance?!? the final Brazil could not afford to win? One does wonder.... it was and remains the oddest game of football I can remember, something just didn't feel right about it... Plantini looked like he knew the 'script' before a ball was kicked. Bad taste.

Yes - it's all too corrupt. Although I doubt Rotherham vs Brighton was.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Football has always been rigged. All games are rehearsed. Like wrestling, players arent really hurt when they get tackled, it's all for show. I'm amazed how many adults haven't worked this out yet?

But there still is a Santa Clause isn't there?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
watch it again...!! 2 deffo off one borderline.....what are we all blind now,,,?

Watched it plenty enough times. The SCORER was clearly on-side, and the correct call made by the lino.

The second penalty was undeniably soft, but beyond that people seem to be clutching at straws, looking for things that simply are not there.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
If you really think it is all staged and choreographed why are you here as a football fan ?
I take it that the game has it's share of "brown envelopes" but if the overall integrity cannot be believed in, we had better not bother...

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Anyone know what's going to happen tomorrow? Might save me a lot of anguish.

Yeah.. Could the people who fix these things please let me know if we're going to get promoted or not? Thanks. I won't let on that it's all staged.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
If you really think it is all staged and choreographed why are you here as a football fan ?
I take it that the game has it's share of "brown envelopes" but if the overall integrity cannot be believed in, we had better not bother...
Ah welcome to Conspiracy Theories! Take one fact (the fact that footballers and officials have very occasionally been bribed before) and simply extrapolate that to all footballers, all officials and all matches. If that's too extreme then simply substitute 'most' for 'all' until you're ready to accept the truth..

EDIT: It's not all about cash though. Liverpool were allowed to win the Champions' League in 2005 because at half time the head of the Liverpool Supporters' Club contacted UEFA and threatened to nick all their cars.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
not saying it was fixed....just saying there were 2 offside players when the ball came in from the right and the scorer was level which is given o/s 50% of the time....that's all.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here