Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is football one big giant staged show ?

After last nights dramatics at the Camp Nou with two goals in injury time one of them a penality watched by millions of people around the world. What better advert for football and all those buying into the franchises around the world including advertising the list goes on.

My eyes lite up when I saw Sepp Blatter in the crowd and crazy thoughts (as usual) started running through my tiny mind....

Was this result fixed or staged,

What if all football is fixed and staged and instead of "training" squads are actually practising the next show down to the last kick"

What if the highest transfer fees are reserved for the best actors not players, the best looking to sell you more products etc...

Explains why clubs are so eager to get rid of Tevez so quickly I guess. :sick:

Bollox I hear you cry, and Bollox it may well be....

What if :mad:

Have any games other than last nights got you thinking..... How many have you have watched and thought hmmmmm

I can think of the famous 0-0 Southampton & Tottenham now that was staged.... All part of the show people ?

:dunce:

Could be onto something Mile Oak hammered Langley 1-1 then lost on penalties in last nights semi final,no way could Oak have missed so many chances unless it had all been rehearsed in advanced,i'm sure the physio was reapplying slap to a couple of players:rolleyes:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Unfashionable Leicester, winning the premier league with a fraction of the money that other glamorous clubs had, probably blows that theory out of the water.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Yes, and rather than just going down there, proceeded to propel himself forward into Suarez's path. Are you SERIOUSLY posting that clip as evidence of it NOT being a foul!!??

You said "You make it sound like the PSG defender 'fell over' rather than realizing Suarez was running in behind him, and so throwing himself into his path to stop him reaching the ball!" - is it not clear that the video I posted was in response to that? It's clear the PSG player fell over, not because he realised Neymar (not Suarez as you say) was running in behind him, but rather because it tried to run to catch Neymar and then subsequently fell over as his legs gave way.

I already said in a previous post that I thought, on balance, it was a penalty - just not as nailed-on as you made it out to be because of the reasons I already outlined. So no, I'm not posting that clip as evidence of it not being a foul.

You might want to put that dunce hat on yourself.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Yes, and rather than just going down there, proceeded to propel himself forward into Suarez's path. Are you SERIOUSLY posting that clip as evidence of it NOT being a foul!!??

:mad:

It's a penalty, aided by neymar's creative theatrics, he certainly didn't need to go down. Also, there is definitely no unnatural 'propelling' or jettisoning of cargo going on to bring him down. That's called momentum. I'm not even sure he realises where Neymar is.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
It's a penalty, aided by neymar's creative theatrics, he certainly didn't need to go down. Also, there is definitely no unnatural 'propelling' or jettisoning of cargo going on to bring him down. That's called momentum. I'm not even sure he realises where Neymar is.

We'll leave it there. We're clearly watching two completely videos.

el punal

After last nights dramatics at the Camp Nou with two goals in injury time one of them a penality watched by millions of people around the world. What better advert for football and all those buying into the franchises around the world including advertising the list goes on.

My eyes lite up when I saw Sepp Blatter in the crowd and crazy thoughts (as usual) started running through my tiny mind....

Was this result fixed or staged,

What if all football is fixed and staged and instead of "training" squads are actually practising the next show down to the last kick"

What if the highest transfer fees are reserved for the best actors not players, the best looking to sell you more products etc...

Explains why clubs are so eager to get rid of Tevez so quickly I guess. :sick:

Bollox I hear you cry, and Bollox it may well be....

What if :mad:

Have any games other than last nights got you thinking..... How many have you have watched and thought hmmmmm

I can think of the famous 0-0 Southampton & Tottenham now that was staged.... All part of the show people ?

Some really "hmmm" games that pose the brown envelope question. As you said, Southampton v Tottenham in 1978. Same year again, in the World Cup, Argentina v Peru. The Argies had to win by 4 clear goals and won 6-0.

And then last night. PSG conceding 3 goals in, effectively, the last six minutes of play (normal/added on time). I smell one very big rat.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I remember watching the World Cup semi final between Argentina and Peru in 1978 and thinking "what a fix". This thread reminded me of it and lo and behold what do I find when I google it?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...cheated-World-Cup-1978-says-Peru-senator.html

There are some good goals but Peru hardly bother to even try and tackle :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIoGqzFQ5-E

The biggest fix in modern football, this game was my first thought when I read the opening post.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
This thread takes NSC over-analysing conspiracy theories to a whole new level...!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Unfashionable Leicester, winning the premier league with a fraction of the money that other glamorous clubs had, probably blows that theory out of the water.

Or does it......

Oh look, quality teams suddenly all play shit for a year, oh look a little team can win, oh what a fairy tale....

Big market in Asia.....

Hmmmmm.....

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I don't think for a second it was fixed/rigged - I think it was just one of those completely freak situations which crop up incredibly rarely and, for me at least, are one of the things I most love about football.

For comparison, let's look back to the opening league game at the Amex against Donny - the way that we can from behind to win that so, so dramatically late on such a special day was right out of the Hollywood cliche book, and I don't remember anyone claiming that as a fix either then or since.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here