Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Is football one big giant staged show ?

3 Not allowed!
    After last nights dramatics at the Camp Nou with two goals in injury time one of them a penality watched by millions of people around the world. What better advert for football and all those buying into the franchises around the world including advertising the list goes on.

My eyes lite up when I saw Sepp Blatter in the crowd and crazy thoughts (as usual) started running through my tiny mind....

Was this result fixed or staged,

What if all football is fixed and staged and instead of "training" squads are actually practising the next show down to the last kick"

What if the highest transfer fees are reserved for the best actors not players, the best looking to sell you more products etc...

Explains why clubs are so eager to get rid of Tevez so quickly I guess.

Bollox I hear you cry, and Bollox it may well be....

What if

Have any games other than last nights got you thinking..... How many have you have watched and thought hmmmmm

I can think of the famous 0-0 Southampton & Tottenham now that was staged.... All part of the show people ?

Last edited by Psychobilly freakout; 09-03-2017 at 16:09.
    PsYcHoBiLlY fReAkOuT "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law"

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Camp Nou.
      And to answer your question, yes I'm sure it was rigged.
      “Of all the things I am not very good at, living in the real world is perhaps the most outstanding.”
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Havent watched but were either of the Barca penalties dubious enough to doubt the ref.

0 Not allowed!
      On the whole no. But when you look at the scams going on at every level of the game, piegate, first throw-in, Qatar fiasco etc, you would be naive to think that brown envelopes are not a part of the game. The bigger the game, the bigger the envelope.
      Have you seen the Muppet Show........

1 Not allowed!
      Football has always been rigged. All games are rehearsed. Like wrestling, players arent really hurt when they get tackled, it's all for show. I'm amazed how many adults haven't worked this out yet?
      Objective but passionate

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BensGrandad View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Havent watched but were either of the Barca penalties dubious enough to doubt the ref.
      The first one was absolutely nailed on, the second one quite soft.

Also, PSG had a big shout turned down.

None of this means that there is substance to any big conspiracy theories - just that a referee under MASSIVE pressure, on a huge occasion, in front of 100,000 screaming people, might not get every decision right - and may just err towards the home side under that pressure.

I don't recall many accusations of a fix, when PSG won the first leg 4-0 in front of 80,000 screaming Parisiens
      Stand or Fall

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Psychobilly freakout View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Have any games other than last nights got you thinking..... How many have you have watched and thought hmmmmm
      The Chelsea-Barca Semi which was a comedy show of blatant corruption. Triggered the start of my indifference to the CL, and I couldn't give two ****s about chelsea.

0 Not allowed!
      The Complete And Utter Shyster's decision to send Stephens off against Boro last season was all part of the script last season.

The media wanted Boro to go up, not us. So they did that.

However they let us get an equaliser to make it interesting.

This season the media want us to go up, but they want Newcastle as overlord champions, hence Diame's equaliser against us.

Huddersfield are in our position last season, they like them but they're not MASSIVE enough for the big time.

They're gonna get thrashed by THE MASSIVE or MASSIVE LEEDS in the play offs.

0 Not allowed!
      This makes perfect sense to why I never win any bets!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
      Nibble@Wrong-Direction is one of the biggest idiots on this board.

0 Not allowed!
      Was it really watched by that many - I would guess millions switched over/off when PSG scored. I glanced at the score on a betting site and it was 3-1 in the 81" minute so I didn't bother to switch it on
      Become a fan of Northstandchat Dogs Syndicate and follow @NSCGreyhounds on Twitter