Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is football one big giant staged show ?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
After last nights dramatics at the Camp Nou with two goals in injury time one of them a penality watched by millions of people around the world. What better advert for football and all those buying into the franchises around the world including advertising the list goes on.

My eyes lite up when I saw Sepp Blatter in the crowd and crazy thoughts (as usual) started running through my tiny mind....

Was this result fixed or staged,

What if all football is fixed and staged and instead of "training" squads are actually practising the next show down to the last kick"

What if the highest transfer fees are reserved for the best actors not players, the best looking to sell you more products etc...

Explains why clubs are so eager to get rid of Tevez so quickly I guess. :sick:

Bollox I hear you cry, and Bollox it may well be....

What if :mad:

Have any games other than last nights got you thinking..... How many have you have watched and thought hmmmmm

I can think of the famous 0-0 Southampton & Tottenham now that was staged.... All part of the show people ?

:dunce:

Last edited:

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
On the whole no. But when you look at the scams going on at every level of the game, piegate, first throw-in, Qatar fiasco etc, you would be naive to think that brown envelopes are not a part of the game. The bigger the game, the bigger the envelope. :shrug:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Football has always been rigged. All games are rehearsed. Like wrestling, players arent really hurt when they get tackled, it's all for show. I'm amazed how many adults haven't worked this out yet?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Havent watched but were either of the Barca penalties dubious enough to doubt the ref.

The first one was absolutely nailed on, the second one quite soft.

Also, PSG had a big shout turned down.

None of this means that there is substance to any big conspiracy theories - just that a referee under MASSIVE pressure, on a huge occasion, in front of 100,000 screaming people, might not get every decision right - and may just err towards the home side under that pressure.

I don't recall many accusations of a fix, when PSG won the first leg 4-0 in front of 80,000 screaming Parisiens :shrug:

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
The Complete And Utter Shyster's decision to send Stephens off against Boro last season was all part of the script last season.

The media wanted Boro to go up, not us. So they did that.

However they let us get an equaliser to make it interesting.

This season the media want us to go up, but they want Newcastle as overlord champions, hence Diame's equaliser against us.

Huddersfield are in our position last season, they like them but they're not MASSIVE enough for the big time.

They're gonna get thrashed by THE MASSIVE or MASSIVE LEEDS in the play offs.

:moo: :jester:.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
This makes perfect sense to why I never win any bets!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Was it really watched by that many - I would guess millions switched over/off when PSG scored. I glanced at the score on a betting site and it was 3-1 in the 81" minute so I didn't bother to switch it on

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
CIA orchestrate it on behalf of the New World Order, keep you watching football so they can spy on you through your TV and radio.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003

None of this means that there is substance to any big conspiracy theories - just that a referee under MASSIVE pressure, on a huge occasion, in front of 100,000 screaming people, might not get every decision right - and may just err towards the home side under that pressure.

I don't recall many accusations of a fix, when PSG won the first leg 4-0 in front of 80,000 screaming Parisiens :shrug:

You are too generous. Take less notice of what the clearly biased BT Sport pundits and commentators have to say.

The first one was not absolutely nailed on (Neymar made a clear movement towards the falling PSG player to ensure that contact was made). On balance I'd probably say it was the right call - just - but certainly not nailed on.

The second one was a clear dive and clear cheating my Suarez. The reason why Barca are through to the next round. Disgusting.

Still waiting on a replay for when Di Maria appeared to slip when through on goal. There were also two other handball claims by PSG. I missed the first one (and biased BT Sport decided not to talk about it or show it at half time, but BBC suggested Barca had got lucky); the second one was clearly ball to hand.

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.

Especially since LS had already been booked for diving 10 mins before. It was his only agenda. Cheat to win. I hate Suarez. Good football player, awful sportsman. I'm not sure who I'd want to come out of a 50/50 worse off. Him or Barton.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Especially since LS had already been booked for diving 10 mins before. It was his only agenda. Cheat to win. I hate Suarez. Good football player, awful sportsman. I'm not sure who I'd want to come out of a 50/50 worse off. Him or Barton.

I'd settle for them both ending the other's career.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I've just seen Mascherano has admitted he fouled Di Maria when through on goal and in the box in the 85th minute.

So, at a minimum: Barca should have had two reds (second yellow for Suarez's dive), one less penalty - and PSG should have had one penalty at least.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Last edited:

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
You are too generous. Take less notice of what the clearly biased BT Sport pundits and commentators have to say.

The first one was not absolutely nailed on (Neymar made a clear movement towards the falling PSG player to ensure that contact was made). On balance I'd probably say it was the right call - just - but certainly not nailed on.

You make it sound like the PSG defender 'fell over' rather than realizing Suarez was running in behind him, and so throwing himself into his path to stop him reaching the ball!

Suarez is horrible, though, obviously.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here