Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Grown men were crying - the world reacts to Barca's crazy win"

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
There were no grown men crying in the Spiros household. Just comments like 'mm, that looks a bit fishy' based entirely upon the brief snippets shown on the BBC news. I'm not saying it's fixed but wouldn't be surprised to see some betting scandal around this in a few weeks/months/years time.

My thoughts exactly, maybe I'm just getting a cynical old sod, who knows.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I actually want English clubs to get knocked out of the Champions League. I hate them all. Is this really bad...... should I talk to someone. Didn't even know Barcelona were playing......... besides I was watching Coast about the Gower peninsula. Bloody good it was as well.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
It feels like, actually, no-one cares about or talks about the Champions League anymore. Partly since it moved to Sky, and completely since it moved to BT.

I used to look forward to the big ties 10 years or so ago. I don't even know who's in it or what/when the fixtures are anymore. Not sure if it's just because me and my friends have been excluded from it by not having BT or if really no-one cares anymore.

Agree, although another reason could be the lack of British success in the competition recently. It's the same with international football, which is always televised on BBC or ITV. No one expects England to do well at the Euros or the World Cup, so fewer people pay interest in these tournaments. Couple that with the stupidity of UEFA and FIFA in how they run ("fix") these events, and it's no surprise that people here are generally less excited nowadays.

Or, could it be because the people you know are focussed only on the prospect of Albion's promotion push this season that's distracting away from all other competitions?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The worship of Spanish football all over certain newspapers turns my gut. Go and live there if it's so wonderful.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
The worship of Spanish football all over certain newspapers turns my gut. Go and live there if it's so wonderful.

Its pretty dull Barca and RM get all the cash, its like Scotland but warmer

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Its pretty dull Barca and RM get all the cash, its like Scotland but warmer

There was a govenment initiative to stop this but they both agreed new 100m+ deals before it could go through the courts. Similar happens in Portugal.

Both are vile clubs. Particularly Barcelona with their 3 tax-dodgers up front.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here