Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Grown men were crying - the world reacts to Barca's crazy win"

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Drop the 'obstruction' nonsense. He deliberately propelled himself into Suarez's legs. Are you on a wind up?

I've just watched it three times and I'm still not convinced it is stonewall. The defender stumbles and throws his arms forward and gets in Neymar's way, but Neymar makes no attempt to skip around the flailing arm to get to the ball. He just extravagantly falls over the defender's arm. It is one of those that if that's your defender and not given, you're thinking "we might have got away with one there" but without conceding we should have conceded. Lewis Dunk at home to MK Dons last season was far more of a pen than that one I think.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
F*** barca, I'll worry about them when we play um!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen
That's what the BBC website led with.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39210118

In truth tho, 'the world' doesn't really care any more than it did about Bayen Munich thrashing Arsenal 5-1. Twice.

Football will eat itself. It's more and more of a stupid sideshow.

I enjoy your posts, but you seem a bit jaded with this one!
It was an epic game, albeit with some criminal refereeing, and I'm someone who would rather go and watch a non league game then stay in and watch the 'champions' league.
I am in Spain at the moment, and watched the game in a dingy taberna , which no doubt enhanced the match for me. The place went nuts at the end, thoroughly enjoyable!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
The champions league died years ago and to be fair I have no interest in any other match unless it involves Brighton or our rivals....all these plastic weird supporters bleating on about these types of matches need to get out more.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
So, would you cheer a Palace goal/victory if they ever had a European Cup night like this?

Don't be ****ing ridiculous. It wasn't like Ferdinand was celebrating a Liverpool goal was it? They just loved some good old scenes. Let's be honest, only Lineker actually celebrates, Rio and Gerrard just shout 'wow' and Michael Owen obviously just won a wedge on the result.

Do you own a Barca shirt???

Nope, just appreciate some damn good scenes, and can't stand grumpy *******s :wave:

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Tedious sham of a competition... Contrived draws designed to get Bayern, Real or Barcelona into final.. bring back level playing field.. European Cup... champions only.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Don't be ****ing ridiculous. It wasn't like Ferdinand was celebrating a Liverpool goal was it? They just loved some good old scenes. Let's be honest, only Lineker actually celebrates, Rio and Gerrard just shout 'wow' and Michael Owen obviously just won a wedge on the result.

Nope, just appreciate some damn good scenes, and can't stand grumpy *******s :wave:

Owen a ex Real player cheering a Barcelona winner. Have a word with yourself.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Jesus, talk about cynical some of you.

I haven't watched a champion's league game in years but after reading about this one watched the highlights, and what a match. Why on earth wouldn't those pundit types get excited if they still have a bit of a love for the game left in them?

That free kick was outstanding.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here