Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 63
  1. #51
    Members Govinda Tim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Brighton
    Posts
    147


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bold Seagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Depending on how your ISP blocks a site, you can sometimes get round it just by changing your DNS settings. But yes, VPN is still a solution, but anything decent usually requires a subscription.
    I use Chrome browser with an app for Chrome called ZenMate Its a free VPN app which works seamlessly with Chrome, available through their app store. I then use Rojadirecta.me which is normally blocked by Virgin to access live streams, and choose a stream that uses a plugin called Acestream which is normally HD quality with no popups and very little buffering. Hope this helps.
    The beatings WILL continue until morale improves.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #52
      Banned
      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      Posts
      1,214


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Superphil View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I don't really have a problem with people using kodi boxes. I do think people who think it's kids in bedrooms providing the streams should understand that it's not.

      I take your point about me watching the games on my VPN when abroad, but I'm not broadcasting it, and I am a subscriber in the U.K. . If there was an option when I'm in France or Italy or wherever for me to watch the Albion on a local pay TV service I would, I think there is a lot to be said for the concept of pay per view, but as far as I'm aware the likes of Bein Sports and other European tv broadcasters who do show EFL and EPL games don't offer one off viewing options.
      I'm interested to know who you think are providing the streams?

      A lot of people have gone down the kodi box route as there is no other way to watch their team on a Saturday at 3pm, others do it to avoid paying sky and some as they simply don't like paying. If there was a way I could get any match, movie or boxset then I would consider paying for it. Until then I won't to be honest.
      If you are promoted this year then you will not be able to watch you at 3pm unless you stream.
    • #53

      0 Not allowed!
      They block it already. ''Stream not available' or equivalent.
    • #54
      Members swindonseagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Location
      Swindon, but used to be manila seagull
      Posts
      3,764


      0 Not allowed!
      cricfree working on Virgin
      K55 BHA
    • #55
      Ralf Minge Superphil's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      In a pile of football shirts
      Posts
      21,641


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Swillis View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I'm interested to know who you think are providing the streams?

      A lot of people have gone down the kodi box route as there is no other way to watch their team on a Saturday at 3pm, others do it to avoid paying sky and some as they simply don't like paying. If there was a way I could get any match, movie or boxset then I would consider paying for it. Until then I won't to be honest.
      If you are promoted this year then you will not be able to watch you at 3pm unless you stream.
      There are news articles documenting cases and convictions.
      http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/tv...eting-12590029
      https://www.fact-uk.org.uk/football-...-found-guilty/
      http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/pubs-...ail/story.html

      I will be able to watch the Albion as I will either be at the game, or if I can't make it, and the game is on Sky or BT then I'll watch it. If it's not being broadcast, I'll listen to the radio commentary. I'm really not minded to get a kodi box to watch streamed content, and I fully agree the costs of sky are too high, for now I can afford it, who knows what will happen in the future when prices go up again. With sky viewing figures apparently on the decline, they'll tell us it's partly due to illegal streaming, the more people watch it on streaming devices, the more sky will probably justify price increases.
    • #56
      Technocrat
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Haywards Heath
      Posts
      13,645


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by moggy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      So at the moment I'm using kodi on an amazon fire stick.
      Not thru a pc.
      Should I still sign up for a vpn then?
      The one I use has an android app in the play store. I agree with swillis though, if you don't want to pay for software it might be worth hanging on to see if the stand stay blocked for long
    • #57
      Banned
      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      Posts
      1,214


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Superphil View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      There are news articles documenting cases and convictions.
      http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/tv...eting-12590029
      https://www.fact-uk.org.uk/football-...-found-guilty/
      http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/pubs-...ail/story.html

      I will be able to watch the Albion as I will either be at the game, or if I can't make it, and the game is on Sky or BT then I'll watch it. If it's not being broadcast, I'll listen to the radio commentary. I'm really not minded to get a kodi box to watch streamed content, and I fully agree the costs of sky are too high, for now I can afford it, who knows what will happen in the future when prices go up again. With sky viewing figures apparently on the decline, they'll tell us it's partly due to illegal streaming, the more people watch it on streaming devices, the more sky will probably justify price increases.
      If you are away and it's a 3pm kick off it's impossible to watch unless you are there.

      Only one of those links is about someone providing streams and he was hardly into organised crime. Considering you can buy a kodi box for 20 and put an add-on in about five minutes I fail to see why organised criminals would get involved. The biggest sellers of these boxes are on eBay and Amazon and are registered businesses. A man I know who is very much into the supply etc of these boxes is about sixty years old and is as far removed from an organised criminal as you could imagine. The only reason kodi is getting all these headlines now is because it is in the TV companies interest to do so and a lot are linked to papers.
    • #58
      Members Rugrat's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2011
      Location
      Seaford/Tenerife
      Posts
      8,366


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Superphil View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      A firm like 'My Private Network' lifts 6 a month from your bank account, in return you can access the internet in a way that makes it appear that you are in the country of your choice. Hence I can watch my Sky TV on my iPad regardless of what county I'm in so long as I have a wireless connection.
      Hypocrisy?
    • #59
      Ralf Minge Superphil's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      In a pile of football shirts
      Posts
      21,641


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Swillis View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      If you are away and it's a 3pm kick off it's impossible to watch unless you are there.

      Only one of those links is about someone providing streams and he was hardly into organised crime. Considering you can buy a kodi box for 20 and put an add-on in about five minutes I fail to see why organised criminals would get involved. The biggest sellers of these boxes are on eBay and Amazon and are registered businesses. A man I know who is very much into the supply etc of these boxes is about sixty years old and is as far removed from an organised criminal as you could imagine. The only reason kodi is getting all these headlines now is because it is in the TV companies interest to do so and a lot are linked to papers.
      Seriously, when did the 'not Being able to watch an away game at 3pm' become an issue? As I said, if I'm not there I'll listen on the radio.

      Fair points about the kodi, it certainly seems like something that has got out of control, and into the hands of anyone who cares a bit. I still don't know how a live stream from a foreign country can be accessed, someone, somewhere, is providing access to the feed.
    • #60

      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Green Cross Code Man View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Can DNS settings be changed on sky? My sky router won't allow it. I wanted to use open DNS but was restricted by then locking down their router. I had no problems in the past with plusnet.
      Not on the router. But just change it on your devices. I use OpenDNS through Sky.
      RICHARD SWIVELLER, a good-hearted, though somewhat queer young man

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •