Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Anyone ever used seateave / viagogo etc for tickets?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Long story short, my Mother in law has always wanted to go to an England rugby game (bucket list) & kindly offered to pay for us to go. She booked tickets online for a lot of money - they said they'd send tickets week of the match (it's for Scotland this Saturday). Company was ticket-selection.com - looked into it today & research suggests it's a scam (f knows how companies like this get away with it!). Anyway, she's been lucky that they haven't actually taken the money but won't reply to any emails etc - so have ruined our day...

I've looked at other sites like viagogo but at the moment they're just coming up a little over budget - but may well find some cheaper in coming days...

My question is, has anyone ever used any of these sites and can they recommend them? At the moment I can't find any quite in budget but if I do we will buy from there - if they're also not a scam etc...

Thanks NSC all advice / info welcome :thumbsup:

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Good god no. They're all a bloody con. My advice is to join a local rugby club as a non playing member (or playing if you wish!), sit this years 6 nations out, then ballot for them next year. Face value tickets, and the money is being spent with an honest reputable organisation that will benefit in the long run.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Appreciate they're 'legal touts' - I wouldn't pay them myself. MIL was ok to do so despite my saying this - just a shame these companies who are even worse and scams play with people's lives. *****.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Good god no. They're all a bloody con. My advice is to join a local rugby club as a non playing member (or playing if you wish!), sit this years 6 nations out, then ballot for them next year. Face value tickets, and the money is being spent with an honest reputable organisation that will benefit in the long run.

Know the guy who runs our local club well - did ask him and he said only the president of the club is guaranteed tickets - maybe we should just ballot it. Have a number of other potential ways of getting tickets including through a brewery and even through a player but they seem to restrict these things massively (players only get 2 per game etc). Just disappointing for my mother in law - trust her to choose the company that's a scam scam!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
i recently got shafted by viagogo ....got charged nearly 300 bucks for tickets that had a face value of 110........i'll never use them again.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've used a fair few of them, paying both above and below face value for gig tickets and not had any issues.

I think it's a pretty safe way to buy tickets - I certainly don't think you will be scammed in terms of losing your money outright.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
i recently got shafted by viagogo ....got charged nearly 300 bucks for tickets that had a face value of 110........i'll never use them again.

Whenever I've bought tickets the face value of the tickets has been detailed. You kinda know how much they are anyway most of the time anyway, don't you?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Know the guy who runs our local club well - did ask him and he said only the president of the club is guaranteed tickets - maybe we should just ballot it. Have a number of other potential ways of getting tickets including through a brewery and even through a player but they seem to restrict these things massively (players only get 2 per game etc). Just disappointing for my mother in law - trust her to choose the company that's a scam scam!

I know it's a bit of a lottery -clue being in the term "ballot" I guess - but I still chuck in my subs to my old team in Devon even though I've not set foot in the ground for over ten years, as you do occasionally get an email pop up offering them. Got offered tickets for the Wales game last year, and managed to snaffle both days at the Amex at the RWC, along with England v Uruguay and NZ v Georgia. Plus, as an oddity, I've been offered free tickets for the Champions Cup final every year since it started. Can't hurt, and the money from your subs keeps a local team in yards of ale and jockstraps ;)

bobbyc

Aug 9, 2016
Used viagogo a couple of times, only catch is the price they quote isnt the final price. There's booking fees etc added on later.

Long story short, my Mother in law has always wanted to go to an England rugby game (bucket list) & kindly offered to pay for us to go. She booked tickets online for a lot of money - they said they'd send tickets week of the match (it's for Scotland this Saturday). Company was ticket-selection.com - looked into it today & research suggests it's a scam (f knows how companies like this get away with it!). Anyway, she's been lucky that they haven't actually taken the money but won't reply to any emails etc - so have ruined our day...

I've looked at other sites like viagogo but at the moment they're just coming up a little over budget - but may well find some cheaper in coming days...

My question is, has anyone ever used any of these sites and can they recommend them? At the moment I can't find any quite in budget but if I do we will buy from there - if they're also not a scam etc...

Thanks NSC all advice / info welcome :thumbsup:

I had the same wish on my list and joined the England rugby supporters club for a year as they get preferential treatment for ticket allocation. I ended up getting a ticket to the England v France match a few years back. I didn't renew the membership after I had been.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I've used Viagogo, StubHub and Getmein for buying and StubHub for selling. All fine every time. All (currently) legal - none of them sell tickets for proscribed events, such as football. Re pricing: the bulk of any excess over face value is going to the ticket holder, though the site do make a profit, of course - some from the seller, some from the buyer.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Whenever I've bought tickets the face value of the tickets has been detailed. You kinda know how much they are anyway most of the time anyway, don't you?

booking fee turned out to be 88 dollars a ticket which x 5 is a bit hard to take ....wont be using them again .....sucked in ...!!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Used viagogo a couple of times, only catch is the price they quote isnt the final price. There's booking fees etc added on later.

exactly...so that's when a $ 180.00 ticket turns into a $268.00 ticket and if you've bought 5 then you are , quite frankly , raped.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Only a matter of time before Albion (Premier League 'big' game) tickets start appearing on sites like GetMeIn. Would suggest it'll be a major challenge for the cub to stop that happening, if they choose to do so.. Assuming the Premier League sprinkling of gold dust actually happens. Obviously :rolleyes:

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
I've just received my e-tickets from Viagogo for an AC Milan game I'm planning to catch whilst in Milan in a couple of weekends time. A part from a booking and handling fee of 20EUROS, I've never had any problems or issues using them.

Jul 7, 2003
I sold NFL and music tickets I couldn't use because of surgery through GetMeIn which is the Ticketshafter official site. As a seller you only get paid once the tickets have been sent and the event has taken place. You send tickets using a tracked mail service (UPS I think) so there are no arguments over normal postage.

As for costs, I only ever sold at a price that covered the cost of the original ticket purchase (including any booking fees etc) as I just needed to get rid of the tickets and wasn't looking to make a profit as I hate the whole tout concept. What this meant was my tickets sold very quickly so I knew I was going to get my money back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here