Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barcelona v PSG

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
You post this after possibly the craziest comeback ever?

A comeback that was only possible because of Suarez's cheating? I think it's somewhat pertinent.

Those PSG players - and fans - miss out on progress to the next round of the CL because of a cheat. I think that taints the comeback, personally.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I 'left early' stating that ''no team scores 3 in 7 minutes at this level apart from the miracle in Istanbul.'' :facepalm:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
That was an unbelievable end to the game. That's why so many people love the game. Epic stuff.

A Danny Baker quote which seems appropriate for this:

"Football. ****ing football. Imagine not being into it. Those poor, poor half-alive *******s."

sant andreu

Dec 18, 2011
The Suárez diving aside, this game reminded me how bullshit the away goals rule is. Glad Barca won it just because going out on away goals is a nonsense

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
A comeback that was only possible because of Suarez's cheating? I think it's somewhat pertinent.

Those PSG players - and fans - miss out on progress to the next round of the CL because of a cheat. I think that taints the comeback, personally.

You could also place part of the blame for the comeback on the 11 players on the other team unable to hold onto a commanding first leg advantage.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Amazing and next to nobody watched it as on BT

Out of interest why would you say that? BT internet has over 9m subscribers, somewhat more than any other ISP, and 50% more than Sky Sports. As a provided of CL coverage they provide the opportunity to many more people than Sky ever did when they had the coverage of the competition.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
8-1 wasn't a bad mistake after all :)

I think you owe the officials a beer. Where all the stoppage time came from I do not though. ???

But well done. :thumbsup: Barca were 33/1 before 7.45pm to win the Champions League. There's still a lot of hard work to lift the trophy.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Out of interest why would you say that? BT internet has over 9m subscribers, somewhat more than any other ISP, and 50% more than Sky Sports. As a provided of CL coverage they provide the opportunity to many more people than Sky ever did when they had the coverage of the competition.

No free to air

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Jesus H Christ. Just back from a lunch in Mexico City, TVs all around the restaurant were showing the game. Basically all conversation came to a halt. Unbelievable. Just amazing.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

i would say that watching games on computer is a bit shit and not everyone is set up to patch in/cast to TV. and zero promotion of it on showcase, im with BT not even an email to trail it.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Think I heard on LBC a couple of days back they get around 1 million viewers for European Cup games generally.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here