Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our Current Form

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I would hope we win the 3 homes, and maybe get a draw at dirty Leeds, so 10 pts.

Huddersfield next 4 are Brentford A, Brizzle A, Burton H, Norwich H - a couple of banana skins in there. Brentford away won't be easy, nor Norwich (depending which Norwich turn up)

Newcastle meanwhile, I fully expect to get 12 points from their next 4 of Fulham H, Brum A, Wigan H, Burton H.
We could really do with Norwich winning their next three games then, to keep their top six hopes alive. If they don't, they'll be on the beach by the time they rock up at Huddersfield.

Last edited:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I've just had a look at our recent form over the last 10 games, which some people are judging as our worst period of the season. It reads 5 wins, 2 draws, 3 defeats, a total of 17 points from 30. If we replicate that for the remaining matches it would mean we finish on 91 points. Not too shabby considering, but will it be enough for automatic promotion? I sincerely hope so. :shrug:

Based on the top 6 points totals this year compared to previous years then no. We may as well stop looking at historical evidence of 1st and 2nd finishes as already the top teams points totals are way above the norm.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I've just had a look at our recent form over the last 10 games, which some people are judging as our worst period of the season. It reads 5 wins, 2 draws, 3 defeats, a total of 17 points from 30. If we replicate that for the remaining matches it would mean we finish on 91 points. Not too shabby considering, but will it be enough for automatic promotion? I sincerely hope so. :shrug:

No.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
In my opinion with the superior GD we have 92 points will see us promoted.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Huddersfield have 22 points from their last 10 games. If they keep that up over their final 11 games they will get 92 points.

Nice try at pessimism, Optimist. If they get 22 from the next 10, they'll be on 90 points. They'll then draw the last game, equalling our points total, but will miss out to us on goal difference.
Authentic Optimism. Shredded Nerves.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Promoted clubs in the last 3 seasons, last 10 games

Burnley 22
Boro 22
Albion 24 (not promoted)

Bournemouth 24
Watford 21

Leicester 21
Burnley 20

20 pts gives us 94 pts, this might be good enough but we could go to Villa needing to win, or equal Huddersfield who are at home to Cardiff.

If Huddersfield had beaten Newcastle, I thought we would need 97 pts.

If we beaten Forest we might have saved us a lot of trouble. Beating Derby should make up for it.

Anyrate, Naylor is wrong. It will be over 90 pts.

Look like Newcastle will make 95 even of they lose at home to Fulham.

Anyone that makes cast-iron predictions containing a degree of precision will in all likelihood end up with egg on their face.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Anyone that makes cast-iron predictions containing a degree of precision will in all likelihood end up with egg on their face.

We will finish in the top ten, cast iron prediction........................very unlikely to finish up with egg on my face !!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It just irritates me that in the most important run of the season we have to stop for f'kin internationals!!

Also another week that Duffy isn't needed.

I don't think this break will hurt us.
The team will still be second, and one would hope be that much stronger and reinforced ready for April.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Huddersfield have 22 points from their last 10 games. If they keep that up over their final 11 games they will get 92 points.
They have 25 from their last 11, so if they keep that up they'll get 93. It's a bloody nightmare.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Not convinced by the argument that Bristol City, Wigan and Blackburn are 'easy' home games. Every one of them is, and is likely to still be when we play them, fighting for their Championship lives.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here