Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our Current Form

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Brentford are averaging around 2.5 goals a game since Jota returned and are absolutely on FIRE.

Hudds performances are dipping slightly from the sublime levels of Jan/Feb but they are still grinding out results.

Going to be a really interesting game on Saturday I reckon.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It just irritates me that in the most important run of the season we have to stop for f'kin internationals!!

That was my initial thought, however it might give a few of our players valuable respite. Murray, Sidwell and Knocky have all looked dead on their feet/lacking in ideas/freshness lately.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
That was my initial thought, however it might give a few of our players valuable respite. Murray, Sidwell and Knocky have all looked dead on their feet/lacking in ideas/freshness lately.

It will, but the same thing is true of all our competitors.

Dwight Gayle gets ten days more rest for his hamstring, Danny Ward to fully recover from his dead leg / bruising.

Chris Wood, rather than resting whatever led to his 'precautionary absence' on Tuesday, will hopefully be flying to New Zealand and back :thumbsup:

Yoda

English & European
Not convinced by the argument that Bristol City, Wigan and Blackburn are 'easy' home games. Every one of them is, and is likely to still be when we play them, fighting for their Championship lives.

That is very true, but I'd rather have them at home than their place.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Brentford are averaging around 2.5 goals a game since Jota returned and are absolutely on FIRE.

Hudds performances are dipping slightly from the sublime levels of Jan/Feb but they are still grinding out results.

Going to be a really interesting game on Saturday I reckon.

Agreed. If we can win tomorrow night, then the pressure is back on them. Two away games for them at Brentford (as you say, they are looking good) and Bristol City (maybe not doing well at the moment but still fighting for survival and held Newcastle recently) before we then face Leeds in the late kick off. May be that we can breathe a bit more easily by then (or the pressure is right on us as Huddersfield are right behind us).

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Agreed. If we can win tomorrow night, then the pressure is back on them. Two away games for them at Brentford (as you say, they are looking good) and Bristol City (maybe not doing well at the moment but still fighting for survival and held Newcastle recently) before we then face Leeds in the late kick off. May be that we can breathe a bit more easily by then (or the pressure is right on us as Huddersfield are right behind us).

Bristol City v Huddersfield is on the Friday night of course ( along with Massive v Reading ) , so we'll have all of Saturday to assess what that means as to what is a good / ok / disastrous result in the game v Leeds.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
It's not about the opposition we play, or our rivals play. It's about us. On our day we can beat each and every team in this division. We just have to be on our day, every game.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think I am just going to do what CH and the squad say they do - take one match at a time - anything else is just speculation

Yep – All day long. We've seen how bizarre the league is and how it throws up results that go against the 'form' – for the Albion AND for other teams. Trying to predict what will happen between now and the end of the MONTH, let alone the end of the season, is pretty much impossible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here