Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] New signing Vegard Forren. I wrote a THING.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Ice-cool Nordic saviour of our promotion hopes, or defensive Paddy McCourt? I wrote a short piece about our newly arrived reinforcement. Read it here, if you wish...

http://www.northstandchat.com/conte...defensive-Paddy-McCourt-Welcome-Vegard-Forren

As Jim White slammed shut the January transfer window, the Albion looked well stocked defensively. With the meanest defensive in the football league, and a string of clean-sheets in the bag, the back line the bed-rock of a fabulous campaign to date. With no less than four centre-backs of proven Championship quality, and full-back reinforcements on the way, in the imminent returns of Liam Rosenior and Gaeten Bong everything was rosy in that particular part of the garden.

With the squad now locked down for the remainder of the season, the football gods took umbrage at the calm passage of the Good Ship Albion, and whipped up their storm clouds to test our resolve.

Last edited:

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Loved the first line of the song, at the foot of it... buggered if I know how to pronounce the location in said line, though!

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Dunk's three-match ban would appear to be not just "inventible", but inevitable too!

For heaven's SAKE.

[Edit: I have literally NO IDEA what you mean!]

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Just when Uwe gets a chance, they sign somebody else. I wonder if he will consider his options ?
Anyway, he has not always been convincing although other times he has put in a good game. I take what is said about Dunk's discipline record.
What do I know? I am the one who said it was unnecessary to sign Duffy!

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Just when Uwe gets a chance, they sign somebody else. I wonder if he will consider his options ?
Anyway, he has not always been convincing although other times he has put in a good game. I take what is said about Dunk's discipline record.

Uwe has the shirt, and we'll all be absolutely delighted if Forren never needs to play a game. Everyone loves Uwe, right? He seems a great bloke.

But he's not stupid. We had TWO senior centre-backs to see us through 11 games - one of them on a disciplinary tight-rope, and the other injury-prone. There's not a chance that he'll see this signing as a personal slight.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Pochettino not picking the Norwegian international defender signed by his predecessor reminds me of Tony Pulis not picking the Belgian international defender signed by his predecessor. If he has as much about him as Pocognoli, he should do us fine.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Hughton's post-match interview on Player last night made it sound as though Forren is very much signed for cover, so I don't see any reason for Uwe to feel umdermined.

Mind you, the man himself sounded really ambitious, wanting to get into the team and help Albion to the Premier League.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Forren is gambling prem football next season,and a prem wage !Can he make the cut ? Who knows....and if we don't make it to the prem well who knows what defenders we might sell/lose.We have the cover now that we need,and can get rid in the summer,if the player is not up to standard . IMHO what a perfect arrangement !

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Forren is gambling prem football next season,and a prem wage !Can he make the cut ? Who knows....and if we don't make it to the prem well who knows what defenders we might sell/lose.We have the cover now that we need,and can get rid in the summer,if the player is not up to standard . IMHO what a perfect arrangement !

This. The risk is all the player's. I can't see a downside for us.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Another well researched and well constructed article that would not look out of place in a broadsheet. Keep up the good work!

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
It encouraged me to look up Paddy McCourt and see what he was up to, given the implied similarity in the (excellent) article. Sadly looks like he's dropped out of football, unable to adjust to part time football and his missus with a brain tumour. I feel for the guy.

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Great read.

I wrote a CHANT:

Who's that new man from Norway,

Is he a man we can adore?

Forren is his name...Lets hope he gets a game

And we won't miss Duffy anymore!

Second verse...who's that new man from Norway,

Is he a gambling lazy drunk...

Last edited:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

It's not really about Uwe though is it. The main reason they decided to sign an extra centre half was because of the upcoming, (seemingly inevitable, according to some), loss of Dunky through suspension.

Moreover if you think Uwe is feeling unloved, how do you think Fikayo Tomori is feeling? He may well think that he should have had the nod to start at Rotherham.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
It encouraged me to look up Paddy McCourt and see what he was up to, given the implied similarity in the (excellent) article. Sadly looks like he's dropped out of football, unable to adjust to part time football and his missus with a brain tumour. I feel for the guy.

Paddy is still playing :thumbsup:

It looked like he might be gracing next year's Champions League as he was training with Dundalk. He didn't quite earn a contract there, but has just signed for fellow LOI outfit Finn Harps.

http://www.finnharps.com/fhfc/?p=4401

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Paddy is still playing :thumbsup:

It looked like he might be gracing next year's Champions League as he was training with Dundalk. He didn't quite earn a contract there, but has just signed for fellow LOI outfit Finn Harps.

http://www.finnharps.com/fhfc/?p=4401

In which case he'll be playing alongside former Albion U-21 'keeper Harry Doherty. Oh, and Jonah Ayunga got himself sent-off last Saturday for two bookable offences playing for Sligo Rovers.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here