Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stick or twist-Team for Derby (Home)

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Decent performance and result last night with a few changes to freshen up the team after the two losses, on that basis to we stick with largely the same team, or more rotation? Is there a place for Murphy? Will Forren be in the squad?

My reckoning:

Stockdale
Bruno
Hünemeier
Dunk
Roseinor
Knockaert
Stephens
Kayal
March
Baldock
Hemed

Subs: Murray, Murphy, Skalak, Norwood, Sidwell, Tomori, Walton

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Stick (that includes Skalak, not as per the OP's team).

Maybe - just maybe - Murray for Hemed, because GM seems to be a bit of a homer as far as goal-scoring is concerned. New Norwegian on the bench?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Personally I would bring in March for Knocky, not Skalak. I think he needs a rest.
I don't think CH will though.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
---------------------- Stockdale --------------------
Bruno --- Hunemeier ---- Dunk --- Rosenior
Knockaert -- Sidwell -- Stephens -- Murphy
-------------- Murray ----- Baldock --------------

Subs: Walton, Tomori, Kayal, Norwood, March, Skalak, Hemed

Murray has earned the right to start at home, and I also think that the recent form of Murphy and Sidwell is such that they deserve starts. It's March that needs to prove that he's a consistent player, which he hasn't really done since his return from injury. If CH thinks he will be able to turn it on for 90 minutes then he should start, but he did indicate in a recent interview of his reluctance to start both March and Knockaert.
This'll be our third game in seven days, so rotating the squad is the best idea. No chance of doing this for the back five, but the front six need resting and rotation as we're in, or at least approaching, squeaky bum time.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

Murray has earned the right to start at home, and I also think that the recent form of Murphy and Sidwell is such that they deserve starts. It's March that needs to prove that he's a consistent player, which he hasn't really done since his return from injury. If CH thinks he will be able to turn it on for 90 minutes then he should start, but he did indicate in a recent interview of his reluctance to start both March and Knockaert.
This'll be our third game in seven days, so rotating the squad is the best idea. No chance of doing this for the back five, but the front six need resting and rotation as we're in, or at least approaching, squeaky bum time.

Spot on.
Team & comments

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Thought Murray was poor last time out vs Newcastle. Would agree with rest though and play Hemed

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I would certainly start with Kayal, he needs to get up to full speed for the run in and a fully firing Kayal alongside Stephens brings more to the team than the also excellent Sidwell imo. We need a solid midfield against Derby, especially if that little shit Hughes plays.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Don't want to see Murray start ahead of hemed for the foreseeable. Yes he's top scorer but hasn't been good since signing permanently and Tomer is in form

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Definitely kayal and Stephens in the middle he will be at his best with a run in the side (like what sidwell needed).

Our centre mids also need to start scoring.

I'd just swap skalak for Murphy, do not need his set pieces at home and maybe Murray for hemed.

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here