Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby fans think they're gonna get stuffed on Friday !

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
McClaren has just said that we are "certainties" for promotion. Now I am worried....
mclaren-reuters-759.jpg

Mclaren mind games.....he's like a Jedi master at that kind of shit. Fortunately Hughton is far too ZEN for it to take effect, thank ****!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The game in our relegation fight when they were top and we did them 2-0. Started their great fall from grace and kick started our revival.

Sent from my PLK-L01 using Tapatalk

Remember it well but no way did we really play that well that night
IMO - They were all over us and we managed to nick a couple of goals...

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
They were right. As comprehensive and as comfortable a game as I've seen in a long time. Closing down for 90 mins, relentless chasing and skill. That was a Premiership team and a premiership performance. Derby simply gave up. I am so glad we don't have a team of 11 individuals. Their team on paper, should be in Top 6. Watching that, you see why they're not. I feel for their fans and clearly SM will have to go. A brilliant way to start the weekend. Over to you NUFC @ HTFC.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I thought there was a danger from them, they're no mugs, Ince, Nugent and Hughes are good players. But CH got his tactics and fired up team to a place where we snuffed out most of what that had to offer.

Reading were equally poor if not worse.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It was 11 players v 1 team.

After 5 minutes Derby didn't stand a chance, and crucially they knew it.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Strange to think Derby and Reading are the two worst teams we've seen.

And Norwich got battered here, yet they were five times better than either of them. Football is funny sometimes.

I was thinking this in the first half. My conclusion was, fair play to Newcastle. We are a seriously intimidating team to play against at home, particularly when we're up for it and the crowd is rocking. Was seriously good from them to hang in there and turn it round last week, even if it took a huge stroke of luck. Funny thing with them is how ropey they are against the worst teams in the league.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I was thinking this in the first half. My conclusion was, fair play to Newcastle. We are a seriously intimidating team to play against at home, particularly when we're up for it and the crowd is rocking. Was seriously good from them to hang in there and turn it round last week, even if it took a huge stroke of luck. Funny thing with them is how ropey they are against the worst teams in the league.

Yeah, going by their results alone they seem to take their foot off the gas every now and then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here