Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Grummit View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is entirely plausible IMHO. Happy to guess at some of the names who might be at the root - Johnson; Ince; Nugent.

PG
    I'm not remotely "in the know" but I don't think I've seen any of this on any of our forums. I can't really see Nugent being any sort of a trouble maker and, don't forget both Johnson and Ince were around during our all too brief winning streak when McClaren first arrived and lifted us from relegation threatened to top 6. I think our current plight can be put down to:
    Overrated and over paid players
    Massive slump in confidence
    Trying to find the best formation
    McClaren having to recover from the damage done by Pearson
    The "second" honeymoon period is now over for McClaren and, whilst we're in relegation right now, we've settled into our true position - mid table.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Altiplano View Post
      I have it on good authority from a Derby supporting mate (with personal links to the club) that there is big unrest in the Derby dressing room. Players with huge egos, not playing for each other. Existing players demanding pay rises when new signings have come in on bigger wages. Supposedly the real problem is the owner, who is happy to pander to player demands and undermine the authority of the manager. Clement and Pearson both tried and failed to get rid of this culture in the dressing room and were ultimately binned off by the owner. The Derby Way!
      This makes a lot of sense when you look at what they have in the way of quality players and what is happening on the pitch. Reminds me of our friends up the road.
      Have you seen the Muppet Show........
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I'm expecting another horribly tight game on Friday. I've seen some Derby games where they've looked completely uninterested - like the away game at Leeds where they were dogshite - but the players they've got - Vydra, Nugent, Bent, Ince, any one of them can rattle one in out of nothing.
      Not this again.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I'd be happy if Keogh and Hughes are not at the AMEX, Hughes always does well against us

0 Not allowed!
      we owe them one - or many !

1 Not allowed!
      He's got a hair island, a hair island.

Name:  0.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  10.7 KB

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dwayne View Post
      Most negative fans I've ever seen....

Still struggling to see why they are doing so poorly with the players at their disposal.

http://dcfcfans.uk/topic/25499-v-bri...a-predictions/
      They looked a real threat after they'd gotten rid of the Pearson rot, no idea what has happened since then. I tipped them to be automatic challengers, I guess I shouldn't have underestimated shteve's capacity for a drastic downturn.

Other than the FA cup i've not seen them play recently, but I know they never make it easy and have some quality players. Ince is always dangerous and should have scored against us a few times in the past.

The forum you linked is obviously a set of fans who are resigned to a nothing season, i'm sure all of them know that their players could produce at any given time and potentially turn us over.

Less confident for this one than I am the champions of europe away. If we win, it will not be by more than one goal, but to me it's got draw written all over it. Hope i'm wrong (in a good way).

0 Not allowed!
      There are no easy games etc. etc.
      Jimmy Melia's shoes.

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Motogull View Post
      He's got a hair island, a hair island.

Name:  0.jpg
Views: 686
Size:  10.7 KB

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by DavidRyder View Post
      Yes.

Not sure where it's gone wrong for Derby, tipped them to go all the way this year. If they can sort out whatever needs sorting, they should be a candidate for promotion next year.
      Nigel Pearson! To be honest, we're paying the price for too many manager changes and have a set of players that don't really fit the system McClaren wants to play.