Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Derby fans think they're gonna get stuffed on Friday !

tamworthram

May 5, 2014
This is entirely plausible IMHO. Happy to guess at some of the names who might be at the root - Johnson; Ince; Nugent.

PG

I'm not remotely "in the know" but I don't think I've seen any of this on any of our forums. I can't really see Nugent being any sort of a trouble maker and, don't forget both Johnson and Ince were around during our all too brief winning streak when McClaren first arrived and lifted us from relegation threatened to top 6. I think our current plight can be put down to:
Overrated and over paid players
Massive slump in confidence
Trying to find the best formation
McClaren having to recover from the damage done by Pearson
The "second" honeymoon period is now over for McClaren and, whilst we're in relegation right now, we've settled into our true position - mid table.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I have it on good authority from a Derby supporting mate (with personal links to the club) that there is big unrest in the Derby dressing room. Players with huge egos, not playing for each other. Existing players demanding pay rises when new signings have come in on bigger wages. Supposedly the real problem is the owner, who is happy to pander to player demands and undermine the authority of the manager. Clement and Pearson both tried and failed to get rid of this culture in the dressing room and were ultimately binned off by the owner. The Derby Way!

This makes a lot of sense when you look at what they have in the way of quality players and what is happening on the pitch. Reminds me of our friends up the road.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I'm expecting another horribly tight game on Friday. I've seen some Derby games where they've looked completely uninterested - like the away game at Leeds where they were dogshite - but the players they've got - Vydra, Nugent, Bent, Ince, any one of them can rattle one in out of nothing.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
He's got a hair island, a hair island.

0.jpg

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Most negative fans I've ever seen....

Still struggling to see why they are doing so poorly with the players at their disposal.

http://dcfcfans.uk/topic/25499-v-brighton-a-predictions/

They looked a real threat after they'd gotten rid of the Pearson rot, no idea what has happened since then. I tipped them to be automatic challengers, I guess I shouldn't have underestimated shteve's capacity for a drastic downturn.

Other than the FA cup i've not seen them play recently, but I know they never make it easy and have some quality players. Ince is always dangerous and should have scored against us a few times in the past.

The forum you linked is obviously a set of fans who are resigned to a nothing season, i'm sure all of them know that their players could produce at any given time and potentially turn us over.

Less confident for this one than I am the champions of europe away. If we win, it will not be by more than one goal, but to me it's got draw written all over it. Hope i'm wrong (in a good way).

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
Yes.

Not sure where it's gone wrong for Derby, tipped them to go all the way this year. If they can sort out whatever needs sorting, they should be a candidate for promotion next year.

Nigel Pearson! To be honest, we're paying the price for too many manager changes and have a set of players that don't really fit the system McClaren wants to play.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I have it on good authority from a Derby supporting mate (with personal links to the club) that there is big unrest in the Derby dressing room. Players with huge egos, not playing for each other. Existing players demanding pay rises when new signings have come in on bigger wages. Supposedly the real problem is the owner, who is happy to pander to player demands and undermine the authority of the manager. Clement and Pearson both tried and failed to get rid of this culture in the dressing room and were ultimately binned off by the owner. The Derby Way!

No you haven't.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Struggling to think of a recent ish good home performance against Derby...?

I wouldn't take too much notice of what their fans say - they've had a fairly poor run & just conceded a last second equaliser so will be very negative...

I'm annoyed the Derby Chairman has chose this match to subsidise their travel & ticket prices though - normally I'm all for that sort of thing but it will mean a bigger following for them :lol:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
We all know they have good players, they are not totally out the play off picture. I think the league table should be dismissed - this WILL be a tough game.

Exactly what I was thinking. Not easy, they are not out of the running for the play offs yet. We need to perform better than of late. However, a win for us here and I think with the boost in confidence we should be back on track for top two, a loss here and I'll be seriously worried that Huddersfield will over take us quite quickly.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
One of my best mates is a Derby STH and is relentlessly negative about their prospects. Not in an over the top way - just resigned to his fate.

Thing is he's normally right.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Keogh and Shackell, first choice CBs, look like they will still be injured for tomorrow. Baird and Alex Pearce are very much second choice.

Our nemesis Will Hughes has been out of form and is not currently starting. Butterfield and former Albion loanee Bradley Johnson are likely to hold in midfield.

They have a lot of talent on a lot of wages for the front 4, and may well go with Vydra on the left, Bent up top with Nugent in behind, and Tom Ince on the right.

Fancy both teams to score, 2-1 Albion.

PG

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Keogh and Shackell, first choice CBs, look like they will still be injured for tomorrow. Baird and Alex Pearce are very much second choice.

Our nemesis Will Hughes has been out of form and is not currently starting. Butterfield and former Albion loanee Bradley Johnson are likely to hold in midfield.

They have a lot of talent on a lot of wages for the front 4, and may well go with Vydra on the left, Bent up top with Nugent in behind, and Tom Ince on the right.

PG

Vydra scares the crap out of me after he tore us apart for Watford a few years back.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

PG

A front 6 of

Butterfield
Johnson

Ince
Vydra

Bent
Nugent

How the **** are they not in the playoffs?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here