Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away from home wearing blue & white

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yep - 2 that spring to mind are tonight & Brizzle - both 2-0 wins :)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There are not many games left away where there would be a colour clash so I agree stck with Blue and White when we can. This away kit idea came about to sell more kits, more money coming in, and in most cases is not needed.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
This exact thought crossed my mind during the Forest game. Like somebody has said, its more to do with commerce than anything else.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
There are not many games left away where there would be a colour clash so I agree stck with Blue and White when we can. This away kit idea came about to sell more kits, more money coming in, and in most cases is not needed.
Surely the answer is not to buy replica away shirts? I know people want to support the team - in this case financially - but surely just buying a blue and white shirt should be enough of a statement of loyalty?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
This exact thought crossed my mind during the Forest game. Like somebody has said, its more to do with commerce than anything else.

Every team does it-there must be contractual obligations?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It's all about identity.
You wear you colours with pride.
If by tonight's evidence, the players on hearing the Albion fans singing non stop and wearing the home strip, it should be a very good confidence booster.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Would be interesting to see some stats on how we have done away from home in all the different kit combinations over the past few years !

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I like the away strip.................................................................But I like the blue & white better.

On this subject. Chelsea v Hammers. Chelsea black away looked very similar to ours but was rubbish.

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
Slightly off topic but Thursday last week after a lot of red wine, I woke after dreaming we lost 5-0 to Forest.... the strange part I could still remember part of my dream and it was 2 goals being scored by a team wearing blue and white stripes.... Was it trying to tell me we would loose to forest but win tonight or just too much red wine ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Surely the answer is not to buy replica away shirts? I know people want to support the team - in this case financially - but surely just buying a blue and white shirt should be enough of a statement of loyalty?
That is the obvious answer but you will still get some fans who must have the away shirt no matter how hideous it looks. If you remember our Tesco carrier bag and pink kits of Barry Lloyds days.

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
It used to be this kit was only worn if there was a clash of colours. There was no third kit if there was still a bit ot a clash with colours for example short you would wear you home shorts with the second kit top... but I must admit Im and old fart

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Would be interesting to see some stats on how we have done away from home in all the different kit combinations over the past few years !

No, it wouldn't. Would just be another bollox stupid superstition like we always lose playing to North in first half; can't beat bottom teams, don't win in midweek, don't win in front of cameras, lose to northern teams away when it is wet. They are all complete bollox and this one would be too.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
It used to be this kit was only worn if there was a clash of colours. There was no third kit if there was still a bit ot a clash with colours for example short you would wear you home shorts with the second kit top... but I must admit Im and old fart

You saved the best till last - I missed this one in my list of bollox superstitions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here