Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The road to 90 points

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
It is hard to fathom that, with ten games to play, we have two more points than Palace gained in the whole of their promotion season. Oh to be able to get promoted with a mere 72 points.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I know this gets a mention every year but the 3rd place team should be given an advantage in the play-offs that is greater than just playing the 6th placed team. I think 6th should play 5th at the 5th placed home ground, the winners of that play 4th at the 4th placed home ground and the winners of that play 3rd place at Wembley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It should depend on how many points 3rd team is behind 2nd team and ahead of 4th team. Last year your suggestion would have been the fairest solution.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Following on from the third place team idea, I do think it is odd that there is no runner's up trophy - first and third get a trophy, but second don't. It's just the principal really, as I'd be very happy with us getting second!

[Still very much a "one game at a time" mindset for me though]

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
I genuinely think the team in 3rd, whoever they are will have 90+ points. Missing out with 89 and 5 losses was painful enough. Missing out with 90+ would be horrendous.

I'm saying

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Following on from the third place team idea, I do think it is odd that there is no runner's up trophy - first and third get a trophy, but second don't. It's just the principal really, as I'd be very happy with us getting second!

Newcastle will get to keep the SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP RUNNERS UP banners that appear in front of the cameras on the final whistle.
We'll get a trophy to put in the cabinet.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I know this gets a mention every year but the 3rd place team should be given an advantage in the play-offs that is greater than just playing the 6th placed team. I think 6th should play 5th at the 5th placed home ground, the winners of that play 4th at the 4th placed home ground and the winners of that play 3rd place at Wembley.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is what Paul Barber proposed, so you are Paul Barber and I collect five points :thumbsup:

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I genuinely think the team in 3rd, whoever they are will have 90+ points. Missing out with 89 and 5 losses was painful enough. Missing out with 90+ would be horrendous.

I'm saying

I just can't see it being that high. That is based on Hudds form at present and our form over the season? By all accounts Hudds were poor last night, perhaps (he says hopefully) there electric form is starting to dip. We are also a bit unpredictable at present so I'd say 90-92 would do it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

When we won league one with Poyet, Southampton got a trophy for being second. There were pictures of it. Where it came from, I don't know. Maybe they made it for themselves.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
When we won league one with Poyet, Southampton got a trophy for being second. There were pictures of it. Where it came from, I don't know. Maybe they made it for themselves.

The Nigel Adkins Can You Catch Us Trophy

Edit: The Nigel Adkins Can You Keep Up With Us Trophy

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS

Middlesborough got one last year. Horrendously I saw them given it.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I seem to recall talk last year that the team were set a points target.
I assume the same is true this season

I suspect the target is 92.
This is achievable and all the time we stay on track, then the pressure will build on Huddersfield. The game in hand will become a must win rather than a delayed 3 points.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
So you do get a trophy to lift if you come second! Boro are pictured holding a trophy!
Wonder when that changed? Anyway, back to the matter in hand, not counting any chickens. Friday night cannot come quickly enough, to give us a clearer view of what is still required. Still cannot believe Leicester went up with 68!

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

When did the third place team get a trophy? Didn't see ours last year!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here