Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The road to 90 points

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Huddersfield are due a blip, they will lose at least 2 more games ! I think we will lose 2 more as well ! It's going to be close !! But I think the gods are with us, 20 years ago last game of the season was Hereford, we needed a result to stay in the league. Fast forward 20 years, we need a result to reach the Prem !! It's our year !!

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Huddersfield are due a blip, they will lose at least 2 more games ! I think we will lose 2 more as well ! It's going to be close !! But I think the gods are with us, 20 years ago last game of the season was Hereford, we needed a result to stay in the league. Fast forward 20 years, we need a result to reach the Prem !! It's our year !!

.... and go 20 years further back and we got promoted finishing second with 86 points - might need a few more this time!

theboybilly

I've been thinking the same. Newcastle have some tough matches over the next 5 weeks and I think they will finish in 3rd place.I don't think Huddersfield can sustain their run of form and will also drop more points than us. Prediction:

Brighton: 1st
Hudders: 2nd
Newcastle: 3rd

If you put your money on Newcastle coming 3rd I think you are chucking it away. Rafa won't let them muck this up - 7 points from that last run would test many a top 6 PL side

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If we think 90 points will get a team up we are inching closer

Newcastle 77 points GD 40 10 games to play 13 points needed - 4 wins 1 draw 5 defeats will do it
Albion 74 points GD 29 10 games to play 16 points needed - 5 wins 1 draw 4 defeats will do it
Huddersfield 68 points GD 7 11 games to play 22 points needed - 6 wins 4 draws 1 defeat will do it
Leeds 65 points GD 14 10 games to play 25 points needed - 8 wins 1 draw 1 defeat will do it
Reading 64 points GD 3 10 games to play 26 points needed - 8 wins 2 draw 0 defeats will do it
MASSIVE 62 points GD 13 10 games to play 28 points needed - 9 wins 1 draw 0 defeats will do it

Fulham are to only other team able to reach 90 points and they have to win EVERY game to do it

Naylor and Ernest and WA Folly:

Up to 45 games

Newcastle H 3-1-1 A 2-2-0 +18 pts =95 minimum
http://www.statto.com/football/teams/newcastle-united

Brighton (beating Derby) H 5-1-0 A 2-0-2 +22 pts =96 max
http://www.statto.com/football/teams/brighton-and-hove-albion

Huddersfield H 3-1-0 A 4-1-1 +23 pts = 91
http://www.statto.com/football/teams/huddersfield-town

Are you

Complacent
Quietly Confident
Too close to call
Worried Sick
Excited
Paranoid

or all at the same time?

Last edited:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Naylor and Ernest and WA Folly:

Up to 45 games

Newcastle H 3-1-1 A 2-2-0 +18 pts =95 minimum
http://www.statto.com/football/teams/newcastle-united

Brighton (beating Derby) H 5-1-0 A 2-0-2 +22 pts =93 max
http://www.statto.com/football/teams/brighton-and-hove-albion

Huddersfield H 3-1-0 A 4-1-1 +23 pts = 91
http://www.statto.com/football/teams/huddersfield-town

Are you

Complacent
Quietly Confident
Too close to call
Worried Sick
Excited
Paranoid

or all at the same time?

I make that 96 points for us.......

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I make that 96 points for us.......

So do I. I feel better already!

90 pts will not be good enough.

Leeds H 5-1-0 A 3-1-1 (max) +26 = 91

Completed Wired

Last edited:

DavePage

I think Newcastle will drop more points than Huddersfield
They only have 4 more away games
So 6 home games, they have the worst home record of the top six
Their fans should be their 12th man and if the referee is weak maybe that will be enough.
But the fans are also their achilles heel, can the players perform under that pressure….they haven’t so far

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Folly of Naylor

cf: 2015-16

Burnley 12 W 8 D 4 L 0 = 28 pts
Boro 12 6-4-2 = 22
Albion 12 7-5-0 = 26

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
My W10 D4 L6 with 20 left now stands at exactly half that. W5 D2 L3. Another 10 like that gets us 91pts and hopefully through the finish line.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It's just about us. I'm sure 92 points has been the target all year. We are just about ahead of that at the moment. Our next two are probably the toughest of our run in. 2 points and we are still on track for 92.

If Huddersfield better that, then fair play to them.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Udders have 8 games in 29 days, that's a very tough schedule in this division. I can't see them winning more than six of those
Footballers love that kind of schedule. Less training and optimum match fitness and focus. They are our biggest concern now and like I said a couple of months ago: any team that finishes ahead of Udders will likely be promoted.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Points are irrelevant. Its to get more points than Huddersfield is the key.

What on earth does that mean?

There really is some utter BALLS talked about with run ins. I keep hearing ´It doesnñt matter what Huddesfield or Leeds do´, of course it does FFS. Now we are hearing that points are irrelevant, wow.

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
I think 92-94 points may be required this season if the terriers and Geordies maintain their current form, therefore likely to come down to the last couple of games of the season (as always). On honeymoon after the Norwich game too....

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Looks like we're already in the play offs mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Looks like we're already in the play offs mind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we were in the playoffs, it's highly unlikely we'd face Newcastle or Huddersfield. We're considerably better than Leeds, Reading & Massive so the playoffs offer a reasonable safety blanket.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
What on earth does that mean?

There really is some utter BALLS talked about with run ins. I keep hearing ´It doesnñt matter what Huddesfield or Leeds do´, of course it does FFS. Now we are hearing that points are irrelevant, wow.

I know, it's laughable!
"Points are irrelevant, we just need more points than Huddersfield" - WTF???!!!!

Why bother posting if you're gonna contradict yourself in the space of just 1 sentence? 😂

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I still don't think 90 will be enough, I think 92 will see us up on goal difference. Huddersfield ain't going away unfortunately.

2 ppg will get H'Field to 90 points, and they have been going along at 2.27ppg in 2017.

6 of their last 11 games are away, but only 2 of those away games are against sides in the top half of the table. 4 of their last 5 home games are against sides in the top half.

They have played 11 league games in 2017, W8 D1 L2. Anyone thinking they are not going to get 90 is delusional, clinging on to past statistics. Forget the past, this is now, they're in great form, even a dip will see them through to 90.

The reality is, the second placed side this season IS going to likely go up with the record number of points needed for automatic promotion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here