Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The road to 90 points

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Is very nearly the right answer. Because if Huddersfield are in third place, we'll only need the same number of points as them.

If huddersfield are in third place and we have the same no of points as them.......we can be in fourth place. You said Huddersfield.are third. If we have the same no of points as them, fourth is the best we can be......As for them to be third their goal difference must be better than ours.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
No, if we have the same number of points as 3rd then we're probably 2nd.

Newcastle top 94,Leeds second 92, Huddersfield third 91, we also have 91. But you say Huddersfield are third so we are fourth on goal difference!!!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Newcastle top 94,Leeds second 92, Huddersfield third 91, we also have 91. But you say Huddersfield are third so we are fourth on goal difference!!!
Huddersfield are not going to overtake our goal difference though.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If huddersfield are in third place and we have the same no of points as them.......we can be in fourth place. You said Huddersfield.are third. If we have the same no of points as them, fourth is the best we can be......As for them to be third their goal difference must be better than ours.

Why can we not be on the same points as Huddersfield and in front of them, in 2nd?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If huddersfield are in third place and we have the same no of points as them.......we can be in fourth place. You said Huddersfield.are third. If we have the same no of points as them, fourth is the best we can be
What? If we're 2nd and they're 3rd, on the same number of points, how is 4th the best we can be?

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

That's not giving me comfort, they've won 8 of their last 11, including games against the rest of the top 6.[/QUOTE]
Which is why I would aim for 20 points from 10 games - they will have to get 27 from 11 - that's a big ask for anyone..just dropping 5 points..

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Leeds have us and Reading + Toon away, they can only get 95 and will drop more than 3 pts from these games alone

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
What? If we're 2nd and they're 3rd, on the same number of points, how is 4th the best we can be?

Yes I did say CAN be fourth.......In my scenario(Newcastle first,Leeds second) the best we can be is fourth...But of course you are correct that we can have the same no of points as third and be second,But you made it out a cert!!! When it aint !!!

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Me no understand your logic. Our goal difference is currently c20+ better than Hudds. If we end on the same points, we'll be a position higher than them. And now I am getting into predictions about the future: many things can happen (which is the scenario you're outlining in this post), but most can't.

Edit: it seems I've been beaten to it. Someone on here is not just a pedant, but a swift one too, with far too much time on his hands.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Jebus....

This points needed thing keeps going up & up....

My head is going to explode...

Win on Friday, I am sure Brentford will get something out of the game on Saturday against Huddersfield, however they have the easiest run in on paper and are the threat I honestly would put them down for 25 points from now until the end of the season which would give them 93, for us to get that we would be able to lose 3 games and draw 2 out of 10 games, when you think of it like that we should be ok.

I think Leeds are not so much of a threat as they have got Newcastle, Reading and Brentford away all potentially tricky games they will not come away with 9 points from them games.

It is all about us maintaining win, draw, lose now and

But that only gives us 17 points meaning a total of 91 points.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yes I did say CAN be fourth
You said "fourth is the best we can be", which is just silly. We could be fourth, but the best we can be (if on the same points as 3rd) is 1st.

.......In my scenario(Newcastle first,Leeds second) the best we can be is fourth...But of course you are correct that we can have the same no of points as third and be second,But you made it out a cert!!! When it aint !!!
No I didn't make it out that it's a cert, I simply said "If you offered me the same number of points as the team in 3rd, I'd take it." Obviously I wasn't saying that I'd take guaranteed promotion, that goes without saying. I just think the same number of points as 3rd would do.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Updated....

Newcastle 9 games left need 13 points W4 D1 L4 GD 38
Albion 9 games left need 13 points W4 D1 L4 GD 28
Huddersfield 10 games left need 19 points W5 D4 L1 or W6 D1 L3 GD 8
Leeds 9 games left need 24 points W8 D0 L1 GD14
Reading 9 games left need 26 points W8 D2 L0 or W9 GD 0

Sheffield Wednesday can only get 89 points now

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Updated....

Newcastle 9 games left need 13 points W4 D1 L4 GD 38
Albion 9 games left need 13 points W4 D1 L4 GD 28
Huddersfield 10 games left need 19 points W5 D4 L1 or W6 D1 L3 GD 8
Leeds 9 games left need 24 points W8 D0 L1 GD14
Reading 9 games left need 26 points W8 D2 L0 or W9 GD 0

Sheffield Wednesday can only get 89 points now

If and perhaps a big If , we can beat Leeds next week they`re out of the race for top two spot even if they win they`ve still a lot to make up.

It`s tight now ...... Hard to call but we have at least three points and goal diff over Hudds......Bring on next weekend !!!!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here