Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 185
  1. #21
    Dullard Thunder Bolt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    BN1 9BL
    Posts
    29,887


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilko View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This is the way I see it too. Hudds have won straight after losing their game to Newcastle. They are not going away.
    I have said, for quite a while, that Huddersfield and us will go up, and Newcastle will slip up.
    Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #22
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      Cowfold
      Posts
      6,069


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I'm not sure about Huddersfield slipping up, but Newcastle dropped 2 points again today.
      Not sure a 0-0 draw at Reading can be classed as dropping points though. They are a good side on their own patch. If I were a Newcastle fan I'd take the point happily enough.
    • #23
      Glory hunting since 1969 lawros left foot's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      Location
      Worthing
      Posts
      5,032


      0 Not allowed!
      Udders have 8 games in 29 days, that's a very tough schedule in this division. I can't see them winning more than six of those
      You be glad you be Sussex born!
    • #24
      Dullard Thunder Bolt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      BN1 9BL
      Posts
      29,887


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cowfold Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Not sure a 0-0 draw at Reading can be classed as dropping points though. They are a good side on their own patch. If I were a Newcastle fan I'd take the point happily enough.
      Newcastle have the best away record in the division. They will see it as dropped points.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
    • #25
      Members
      Join Date
      Nov 2003
      Location
      Northants
      Posts
      1,906


      0 Not allowed!
      If we get to 90 poimts and don't go up we'll get a huge amount of sympathy from the wider football world (excl S London) but f*ck all else.

      Sadly that is a possible scenario but Huddersield are going into uncharted territory over the next few weeks and seeing the ultimate prize so close can do strange things to people - I hope.
      52 North
    • #26
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      Cowfold
      Posts
      6,069


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by CP 0 3 BHA View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      If we get to 90 poimts and don't go up we'll get a huge amount of sympathy from the wider football world (excl S London) but f*ck all else.

      Sadly that is a possible scenario but Huddersield are going into uncharted territory over the next few weeks and seeing the ultimate prize so close can do strange things to people - I hope.
      Just like the huge amount of sympathy we received last season, after missing out on 89 points. But I take your point. In the majority of seasons 87 or 88 is enough to secure an automatic promotion place. Obviously the Championship is getting even tougher, and more competitive.
    • #27
      Members Notters's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Location
      Newhaven
      Posts
      20,789


      5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cowfold Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Just like the huge amount of sympathy we received last season, after missing out on 89 points. But I take your point. In the majority of seasons 87 or 88 is enough to secure an automatic promotion place. Obviously the Championship is getting even tougher, and more competitive.
      I think this conclusively proves that it's getting less competitive.
      Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Fish View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Are people taking stupidity pills on here today or something
    • #28
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Watchin the boats go by
      Posts
      2,930


      0 Not allowed!
      I like this thread, interesting now it's down to 10 games to go what is involved.

      I think by anyone's standards, if Hudds won 7, drew 3 and lost 1, that would be an excellent return from 11 games in this division. This would taken them to 92.

      Because of goal difference being so good, we would likely than only need to match that and it's reassuring for me that this could be done by W5 D3 L2, or even simpler by 6 wins.

      There are no easy games in this division, if you look at the NAMES of the sides we are left to play, and how recently most of them were in the PL, it sounds daunting. However I really can't see Hudds taking more than the 24 from 11 that I listed above and even if they do get 24, I don't think we will lose 3, and I do think we will win at least 5




      Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    • #29
      Members
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Sussex
      Posts
      2,595


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I have said, for quite a while, that Huddersfield and us will go up, and Newcastle will slip up.
      Not a chance. Newcastle have just taken 7 from 9 points away at us, Hudds and Reading. They are going up.
      Not this again.
    • #30
      Members
      Join Date
      Jun 2004
      Location
      Leigh-on-Sea, Essex
      Posts
      572


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I have said, for quite a while, that Huddersfield and us will go up, and Newcastle will slip up.
      I've been thinking the same. Newcastle have some tough matches over the next 5 weeks and I think they will finish in 3rd place.I don't think Huddersfield can sustain their run of form and will also drop more points than us. Prediction:

      Brighton: 1st
      Hudders: 2nd
      Newcastle: 3rd

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •