Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The road to 90 points

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
This is the way I see it too. Hudds have won straight after losing their game to Newcastle. They are not going away.

I have said, for quite a while, that Huddersfield and us will go up, and Newcastle will slip up.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Udders have 8 games in 29 days, that's a very tough schedule in this division. I can't see them winning more than six of those

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Not sure a 0-0 draw at Reading can be classed as dropping points though. They are a good side on their own patch. If I were a Newcastle fan I'd take the point happily enough.

Newcastle have the best away record in the division. They will see it as dropped points.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
If we get to 90 poimts and don't go up we'll get a huge amount of sympathy from the wider football world (excl S London) but f*ck all else.

Sadly that is a possible scenario but Huddersield are going into uncharted territory over the next few weeks and seeing the ultimate prize so close can do strange things to people - I hope.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If we get to 90 poimts and don't go up we'll get a huge amount of sympathy from the wider football world (excl S London) but f*ck all else.

Sadly that is a possible scenario but Huddersield are going into uncharted territory over the next few weeks and seeing the ultimate prize so close can do strange things to people - I hope.

Just like the huge amount of sympathy we received last season, after missing out on 89 points. But I take your point. In the majority of seasons 87 or 88 is enough to secure an automatic promotion place. Obviously the Championship is getting even tougher, and more competitive.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Just like the huge amount of sympathy we received last season, after missing out on 89 points. But I take your point. In the majority of seasons 87 or 88 is enough to secure an automatic promotion place. Obviously the Championship is getting even tougher, and more competitive.

I think this conclusively proves that it's getting less competitive.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
I like this thread, interesting now it's down to 10 games to go what is involved.

I think by anyone's standards, if Hudds won 7, drew 3 and lost 1, that would be an excellent return from 11 games in this division. This would taken them to 92.

Because of goal difference being so good, we would likely than only need to match that and it's reassuring for me that this could be done by W5 D3 L2, or even simpler by 6 wins.

There are no easy games in this division, if you look at the NAMES of the sides we are left to play, and how recently most of them were in the PL, it sounds daunting. However I really can't see Hudds taking more than the 24 from 11 that I listed above and even if they do get 24, I don't think we will lose 3, and I do think we will win at least 5

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Seagulls over Essex

Jun 4, 2004
Leigh-on-Sea
I have said, for quite a while, that Huddersfield and us will go up, and Newcastle will slip up.

I've been thinking the same. Newcastle have some tough matches over the next 5 weeks and I think they will finish in 3rd place.I don't think Huddersfield can sustain their run of form and will also drop more points than us. Prediction:

Brighton: 1st
Hudders: 2nd
Newcastle: 3rd

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
I suspect third place will have a record amount of points this season.....................................I just bloody well hope it ain't us.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I like this thread, interesting now it's down to 10 games to go what is involved.

I think by anyone's standards, if Hudds won 7, drew 3 and lost 1, that would be an excellent return from 11 games in this division. This would taken them to 92.

Because of goal difference being so good, we would likely than only need to match that and it's reassuring for me that this could be done by W5 D3 L2, or even simpler by 6 wins.

There are no easy games in this division, if you look at the NAMES of the sides we are left to play, and how recently most of them were in the PL, it sounds daunting. However I really can't see Hudds taking more than the 24 from 11 that I listed above and even if they do get 24, I don't think we will lose 3, and I do think we will win at least 5

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hudds last 10 have been Win -7, drawn 1, lost 2 so they are more than capable.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Reckon 88 will be enough as can see us and Huddersfield having a fair few slip ups in what is a very tough league:)

Really! Have you seen Huddersfield's run in? Think there will be few slip ups from them. Need to hope Newcastle under perform at home and keep winning our games.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Hudds last 10 have been Win -7, drawn 1, lost 2 so they are more than capable.
So very similar to the form required to get 92pts then.

If you add exiting form and required form together that would mean in their final 21 games they would have w14 d4 l3 - 46pts. Very respectable by anyone's standards but as I said, I just think it would be fairly unlikely they will better 24 from 11 so I expect 92 to be enough for us

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Reckon 88 will be enough as can see us and Huddersfield having a fair few slip ups in what is a very tough league:)

Agree with every word. Have you had a brain rinse? :lolol::wave:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here