Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The fans tonight

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I was listening on Radio Sussex and I couldn't make out anyone singing at the front. It just sounded like spotty youths and codgers sitting there with their arms folded.

Hint to the sensitive this is attempted satire.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Nice try![emoji6]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I was listening on BBC Sussex, and the 1006 just didn't let up and cranked up the volumes. That Uwe song is inspirational. We will need to refine it for the rest of the season, such that we make the most of it, i.e. someone does the high pitch bit, and the A-wim-ma-way bits are replaced with Hunemeier.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
None of this can be true. Our support is ******* ****. We only have one original song, we stole the rest from others, and we sing way too fast!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite.

Seriously though, we had an off day at the weekend thought very quiet.

Always too fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
The one positive of Uwe making it back in is that we get to sing one of the best songs we have, although the RT one was really good as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKZVytYv86E

image.png

ONE OF THE BEST SONGS WE HAVE? :facepalm:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Or "I'd rather have a flannel than a Towell"?

What the hell is happening to this site ?
Flannels are usually made from woven flax fibre and towels from cotton, bamboo and quite a few of other NON WOVEN fibres. So you are not comparing like for like in these lyrics.
Are we really going to become a club that doesn't even know about our woven - or not as the case may be - fabrics. My god if we'd sang that can you imagine the mirth amongst the Rotherham supporters. It would all around the leagues by this morning.
Surprised at you Edna.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
What the hell is happening to this site ?
Flannels are usually made from woven flax fibre and towels from cotton, bamboo and quite a few of other NON WOVEN fibres. So you are not comparing like for like in these lyrics.
Are we really going to become a club that doesn't even know about our woven - or not as the case may be - fabrics. My god if we'd sang that can you imagine the mirth amongst the Rotherham supporters. It would all around the leagues by this morning.
Surprised at you Edna.
One of the players ( Duffy ? ) referred to Towell as Richie Flannels a while back on twitter.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
One of the players ( Duffy ? ) referred to Towell as Richie Flannels a while back on twitter.

If this finds its way onto the Palace sites, we'll never live it down. Did he mention the coarseness of the weft over the warp in the manufacture. If not I do wish these footballers would not make such controversial statements in these fields.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
was up in the Gods away from the Albion fans in the disabled bit (silly no fun place to put it).
The singing was relentless tonight and loud.

Rotherham steward said to me at one point......blooming eck do you lot ever shut up?

clearly not old chap.........clearly not :clap2:

brilliant :lol: :loll: :rock:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I was listening on Radio Sussex and I couldn't make out anyone singing at the front. It just sounded like spotty youths and codgers sitting there with their arms folded.

Hint to the sensitive this is attempted satire.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

You missed out grey haired old women

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The singing really was very impressive. Sounded brilliant. Wish I could have gone.

Just shows you don't necessarily need a BIG away crowd to make good noise and really get behind the team.

Still in my top five away games of all time* is a Tuesday night JPT game at the Den, where 670 Albion fans sang literally non-stop from whistle to whistle, despite us being shit, and going down to 10 men, and a goal down after a few minutes. Fans just stuck at it creating their own entertainment, and were rewarded with an injury time equaliser, from the South Coast Rooney, and a win on penalties.

*'all time' means since 1983 in my case!

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
It was amazing to listen to for the whole game. There's no doubt our away support is the most vocal in this league, they just sing non stop before kick off and until after the game. Brilliant

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Support was decent last night, but helped by the quietest home crowd I'd ever (not) heard.

We definitely need a (BarmyArmy style) trumpeter to help with that Uwe song.

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here