Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Barber - ID checks of fans at away games?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
This is why I would limit it to your children. Seems fair enough. They haven't been in the past because they weren't born. Adults will have to lump it.

I thought it already had been partially outsourced (not to Bangalore, admittedly)?

Ok. Seems fair enough.

Would you be happy to provide evidence that the child was in fact yours? Birth certificate of the child naming you as a parent? Or adoption papers if you're not the biological parent.

How about the children of your new non-ST holding partner from a previous relationship? Do they count as "your" children?

Does the child have to have the same address as the ST holder?

And so on...the moment you allow an exception to "No, not ever"...you get complications and decisions that have to be made. Not that I disagree with your basic point; I don't.

fozzie's headband

Jul 26, 2004
Heathfield
Won't they also take your Dad's ticket away from you for misuse and if they do and your paying by Direct debit, aren't you legally bound to pay until the end of the season?

The ticket isn't misused as my son is U18 so there is no financial loss to the club as a 65+ ticket is more expensive.
The club look out for adult fans entering on a 65+ or child ticket.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Ok. Seems fair enough.

Would you be happy to provide evidence that the child was in fact yours? Birth certificate of the child naming you as a parent? Or adoption papers if you're not the biological parent.

How about the children of your new non-ST holding partner from a previous relationship? Do they count as "your" children?

Does the child have to have the same address as the ST holder?

And so on...the moment you allow an exception to "No, not ever"...you get complications and decisions that have to be made. Not that I disagree with your basic point; I don't.

I would have a problem with that, but I don't think any of that would be necessary as I don't think there would be a lot of demand for people to regularly bring other people's children to the football on a regular basis (I could be wrong!) But yes, make it same address, and if the child doesn't live at the same address, further proof needed. I know this would be (a small amount) of extra work for the club but it makes long term sense.

Iamapen15

May 17, 2009
Back of the North Stand
Was there not also the issue of banned fans attending games using other peoples ID? Seem to remember something being said along those lines at Lincoln and Forest games.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
I have 3 tickets, 1 adult, 1 u18 & 1 U21. The U21 can't go anymore due to work etc. I would love to change the U21 to a U10/U18 for my youngest son but the answer is NO. The reason is as you said, the ST must be offered first to someone who has paid to join the waiting list. My only hope is that no-one on the waiting list is interested in a single seat, but I don't hold out much hope for that.

It's a real shame, there must be plenty of STH who have younger children who at some stage they would like to take, but if the club achieves what I really want them to achieve, then there will be little or no chance of ever taking your kids along.

This situation is most unfair , especially to a Family Loyal Supporters like yourself , I hope theat the club review this policy , as it is not ethical .

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
I have two tickets, 1 adult and 1 65+. My elderly relative is no longer well enough to go and hasn't done for about the last 18 months so my teenage son has been using the ticket. The club aren't losing out financially as he falls into the U18 category which is actually cheaper. I enquired as to whether I could change the seat into my son's name and the answer was no.
So my only option is to keep the 65+ ticket renewing and for my son to use it. Seems ridiculous really.

Not only is it ridiculous , it is plain WRONG ! , the club must stop making errors like this or else alienate themselves from their core support , it is so avoidable, they only need use a common sense approach , rather than use strict rules and policies that MUST be adhered to at all times without exception , Cmon BHA admin , get a grip !!

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Once season ticket holders get to know that when family or friend unable to renew season ticket that they are unable to transfer the ticket to another friend they will just retain it to be used by someone else. Why on earth would they now tell the club. End result in years to come 1000s will be occupying seats not in there name
I already know someone whose friend wont renew He is happy for ticket to be continued in his name. Of course only drawback is new occupier obviously cant do a standing order and will pay cash.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
Have you ever not been able to attend an important event due to unforeseen circumstances? You are simply out of luck. It happens. That is life and then life goes on.

If you genuinely believe that I'm interested to know where would your line be? Which of these, if you couldn't make, would the ticket go in the bin;

£30 Brighton ticket
£100 concert ticket
£500 F1 ticket

Also what would you do if you dropped your keys down a drain or left your wallet in a taxi? Give up saying that's life or try and recover them?

Last edited:

Albion my Albion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
If you genuinely believe that I'm interested to know where would your line be? Which of these, if you couldn't make, would the ticket go in the bin;

£30 Brighton ticket
£100 concert ticket
£500 F1 ticket

Also what would you do if you dropped your keys down a drain or left your wallet in a taxi? Give up saying that's life or try and recover them?

I would obviously try and recover them through the means that were available but if the authority in the matter said it was not possible I go on with my life. The only one that truly suffers is me if I let the loss ruin my day/week/month. I get over it and move on.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I'm not sure it's outsourced as such, but overflow at peak times gets routed to a third party contact centre. It was my experience with this contact centre that led me to give up and just buy a more expensive ticket online than I needed. As poor customer experience goes, it was right up there (down there?).

I just got put through to a call centre in Manchester... they couldn't seem to understand let alone deal with my request... so I had to queue again... but I got to talk to Helen, who was extremely understanding of my mistake when ordering QPR tickets and very helpful in resolving the issue.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
The ticket isn't misused as my son is U18 so there is no financial loss to the club as a 65+ ticket is more expensive.

I don't like to be the bearer of bad news, but the club do think you are misusing the ST. In their eyes you have transferred it to your son and bypassed the ST waiting list. I have contacted PB about my own scenario and he has effectively said if the STH can no longer attend mid season then the club are ok for you to bring a friend/family for the rest of the season, upgrading if need be, but this cannot be tolerated on an ongoing basis. I guess the chances of being 'caught' are slim but nonetheless I am cancelling one of my 3 ST's and live in hope that no-one on the waiting list will want a single ticket. Bob hope & no hope I think!

Egon Spengler

Jul 5, 2011

In my Dad's scenario, the club will be making a loss if my dad's season ticket is renewed. The season ticket price paid will £220 less and the seat will be empty more. The only commercial upside for the club is if we don't renew.

I'm also frustrated by the timing of the communications, we found out about the changes in the renewal pack that came in the post. This meant that the solution given by Supporter Services this week of joining the waiting list is fairly useless as that's been open since 21st Feb. The club is clearly aware of how the ticket has been used in the past due to the bespoke message in the pack, it shouldn't have been too difficult to have informed us before the waiting list opened.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I don't like to be the bearer of bad news, but the club do think you are misusing the ST. In their eyes you have transferred it to your son and bypassed the ST waiting list. I have contacted PB about my own scenario and he has effectively said if the STH can no longer attend mid season then the club are ok for you to bring a friend/family for the rest of the season, upgrading if need be, but this cannot be tolerated on an ongoing basis. I guess the chances of being 'caught' are slim but nonetheless I am cancelling one of my 3 ST's and live in hope that no-one on the waiting list will want a single ticket. Bob hope & no hope I think!

Wait until we have a bad season and the seat will be available again.

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
I just got put through to a call centre in Manchester... they couldn't seem to understand let alone deal with my request... so I had to queue again... but I got to talk to Helen, who was extremely understanding of my mistake when ordering QPR tickets and very helpful in resolving the issue.

Sooooooooo you can return tickets???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here