Page 38 of 58 FirstFirst ... 283536373839404148 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bhanutz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Probably because people on FB etc have been posting..... Does anyone have enough points to get a ticket for xxx match and is not planning on going?.....

I have seen that this season! Someone must have either seen it or complained!
    That's a facepalm level of subtlety so no wonder the club is taking action if people have seen it and complained.

Guess they will look at the mugshots of those exchanging tickets like that and target them 'randomly'.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      There is not a 'for sale' section because it's not legal.

There is a 'wanted' section so that those who want a ticket can request one. They should ensure that if a ticket is offered, that it is covered by a Private Seat License and, as such, can be transferred. That's down to them though.
      Many thanks.

2 Not allowed!
      These spot checks can only work if the checkers have access to the Albion ticket sales system. Having that, the checker would quickly see that you were one of 10 F&F names that bought a batch of tickets together and you'd be fine.
      I regularly buy up to 20 tickets for people on my F&F list and dish them out at the home game before any given away trip. If one of those 20 then passes their ticket on without my knowledge (for whatever reason), and the new ticket holder is challenged and fails to provide one of the 20 IDs from the original list, then who gets the blame? The implication is that that I will be held accountable for each of those 20 tickets as well as the individual who has passed their ticket on. How would they even be able to work out which of the 20 tickets this unidentified person was using, without tracking down the remaining 19 at the same time?

I understand what the club are trying to do, but the whole thing is poorly thought out. You either have to go the whole hog, as is the case with England away games where we have to pick up the ticket in person close to the venue, or you just accept that a tiny faction of people might occasionally flaunt the system. I'd prefer the latter, even if it means that a handful of unlucky people do miss out. A good friend of mine is an Arsenal away season ticket holder and he regularly sells his ticket onto mates who wouldn't otherwise have enough loyalty points to get a ticket. It seems to me that, even at the highest level, these things are accepted as less than ideal but unavoidable.
      The ONLY Gay in Brighton El Presidente's Avatar

5 Not allowed!
      As you are probably aware, there has been substantial correspondence between Mod Towers and PB about this issue over the last few hours.

Unfortunately, during that correspondence, @Bozza let slip that he sold me a spare ticket for Brentford away last month, and the attached photograph shows myself, PB and Bozza when the incident was discovered by the club.

Name:  Porridge.JPG
Views: 289
Size:  96.8 KB
      Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      There is not a 'for sale' section because it's not legal.

There is a 'wanted' section so that those who want a ticket can request one. They should ensure that if a ticket is offered, that it is covered by a Private Seat License and, as such, can be transferred. That's down to them though.
      Just playing Devil's Advocate; are you 100 % sure that you are covered ? It could be argued that a policy of 'see no evil, hear no evil' when providing a platform where illegality can take place is tacit encouragement of the practice. I have never given it a moments thought before (and never used it) but such matters seem to be high on the list of club concerns at the
      moment.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      I haven't read the whole thread, but this seems to be a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

I would however say the demographic of our fans was very, very different last night, when compared to Saturday.

Has this been instigated by the club or the police?
      Thanks Robbie - one day we'll name a stand after you.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mellor 3 Ward 4 View Post

Has this been instigated by the club or the police?
      By complaints from fans. Presumably fans who go to away games a lot.
      Members The Andy Naylor Fan Club's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by El Presidente View Post
      As you are probably aware, there has been substantial correspondence between Mod Towers and PB about this issue over the last few hours.

Unfortunately, during that correspondence, @Bozza let slip that he sold me a spare ticket for Brentford away last month, and the attached photograph shows myself, PB and Bozza when the incident was discovered by the club.

Name:  Porridge.JPG
Views: 289
Size:  96.8 KB
      "What? With these feet?"
      When you are out and about, if you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      No, the club aren't saying that. It's ok for the occasional game, and the people using that ticket are known so not likely to cause problems.

From what I understand, it's if someone wasn't able to go for a season (say away for a gap year) and that season ticket was passed to an uncle or cousin for that year, then it's unfair on those on the waiting list.
      I have suffered from serious heart problems this year and as such have only managed to attend one home game so far this season. My brother who has a season ticket for the seat adjacent to mine asked if he could use it to take his wife - I had no problem with that but apparently that is not now acceptable.

I have no intention of cancelling my season ticket so I guess my seat will remain empty - makes no difference to me and I have renewed as normal for next season in the hope that I will recover enough to attend regularly again. Just seems strange that the club prefers that my seat is empty.

How long before season ticket holders have to attend x number of games each season in order to retain the right to renew?
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Creaky View Post
      I have suffered from serious heart problems this year and as such have only managed to attend one home game so far this season. My brother who has a season ticket for the seat adjacent to mine asked if he could use it to take his wife - I had no problem with that but apparently that is not now acceptable.

I have no intention of cancelling my season ticket so I guess my seat will remain empty - makes no difference to me and I have renewed as normal for next season in the hope that I will recover enough to attend regularly again. Just seems strange that the club prefers that my seat is empty.

How long before season ticket holders have to attend x number of games each season in order to retain the right to renew?
      Yours is a very good example of the unintended consequences of this new policy. I think it absurd that the club could consider preventing your sister in law attending with her husband whilst you recover from illness.