Page 36 of 58 FirstFirst ... 263334353637383946 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    And Barber has the cheek to accuse US of making inflammatory statements? Further evidence, if any were needed, that the man is a high-horsed buffoon.
    DI CANIO FOR MANAGER.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      So is this just away games or are the club going to be anal over the home games too?
      Smile Like You Mean It Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Husty View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      And Barber has the cheek to accuse US of making inflammatory statements? Further evidence, if any were needed, that the man is a high-horsed buffoon.
      Normally quite like the bloke, but this does seem to be a shitstorm entirely of his own making.
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson
      The ONLY Gay in Brighton El Presidente's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Caveman View Post
      So is this just away games or are the club going to be anal over the home games too?
      I suspect that current rules will continue to apply. If they are suspicious of a fan using a ticket of a child without upgrading, for example, then likely to take action.
      Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      Normally quite like the bloke, but this does seem to be a shitstorm entirely of his own making.
      Preparations for the Premier League I think in full swing when every away game is going to be a loyalty point binfest. We've really only experienced a handful of away games each season for the last 5 where loyalty points have been needed. We're likely to have 19 if (whispers quietly) we were to get promoted.

Same with the non transferring of Season Tickets. Up until recently, it was never an issue, but since they started selling memberships to actually get onto the ST waiting list, you then those that have paid to be on that list need to see a fair chance and return on that.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bold Seagull View Post
      Preparations for the Premier League I think in full swing when every away game is going to be a loyalty point binfest. We've really only experienced a handful of away games each season for the last 5 where loyalty points have been needed. We're likely to have 19 if (whispers quietly) we were to get promoted.

Same with the non transferring of Season Tickets. Up until recently, it was never an issue, but since they started selling memberships to actually get onto the ST waiting list, you then those that have paid to be on that list need to see a fair chance and return on that.
      It won't be though. I'd imagine anyone could get tickets for Hull, Burnley, Middlesbrough, Swansea, Stoke or Sunderland. Maybe Liverpool given the distance and recentish cup game. Granted Arsenal and Chelsea there will be a binfest on here but it won't be for every game as you can't do them all.

The sad thing for me is I took my 6 year old lad to Forest away on Saturday for his first game (he will get used to losing 3-0) where we managed to get a spare via Facebook. Are we really saying that's not on anymore? Or flogging a spare one here. Really?

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      There's only a sledgehammer if you are looking for one. I think we'll be waiting for quite some time before anyone on here reports back having been asked to prove their identity at a ground. If and when it does happen they'll probably then say they quickly flashed the debit card they had in their wallet and were on their way within 30 seconds.
      I might be thinking of a scenario that doesnt happen to everyone but...........
      me and chums tend to rotate whose turn it is to buy tickets for away games.There may be up to 10 of us on a good day. All these tickets arrive in one big bundle and just get handed out. The chances of all of us walking up to the turnstile at the same time are minimal ( different taxis,stay in pub extra 15 minutes,getting food,lost through drunkenness,go for a bet). Cant say ive ever noticed a list accompanying the tickets as to which ticket number or seat is assigned to which supporter (if there is i need to look harder in the future)......how would singling out one supporter for ID even be practical in this situation.
      Jazz Festival n. The purchase of two or more Noddy books at one time.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by El Presidente View Post
      I've received an email from Paul Barber, (I don't know if other fans have received similar) and he has kindly agreed for it to be shown in the public domain, so here it is in ful

My response to the supporter concerned is copied, for your information, below. Please feel free to post this if you wish (if indeed it hasn't been posted already!):

- we do not view our fans as "second class citizens" - and I think there's plenty of evidence in all of our dealings with our fans to show this over many, many seasons.

- the club does not write the legislation (or league regulations) concerning the sale and onward transfer of tickets to football matches; we must however comply with it.

- like all other football clubs (and other professional sporting organisations or event owners), our commercial partners do receive an allocation of tickets, which they pay for.

- unfortunately, it doesn't follow, neither is it logical, that because someone has earned the right to buy an away match ticket, they have a subsequent right to pass it on.

- the vast majority football clubs (and other event owners) do not offer refunds for matches (or events) when fans are unable to attend. We are similar, home and away.

- I can't speak for other event owners but in football, with fixtures coming thick and fast, it would potentially create operational chaos for any club to even attempt to do this.

- there is no attempt whatsoever to "profile" fans regarding any random or specific requests to show ID. This is nonsense. It is also an unfair and inflammatory statement.

- if the club has any concerns about how ANY supporter has secured a ticket to a match, we reserve the right to check. We've done this at the Amex for many seasons.

- by the same token, nobody suggested anywhere, that ALL fans will be checked at an away ground. If we have concerns, we reserve the right to check individuals.

- similarly, if someone gets in to trouble at a game, we will check their ticket, its origin, and their identity. Again, this is already done, for both home and away matches.

- some clubs, attempting to tackle similar issues, already require their supporters - including friends and family groups - to collect tickets for away matches in person and at a venue close to the away ground. We wish to avoid this.

- the club is not "discriminating" against anyone, least of all parents with kids - and nobody is being "criminalised". Again, these are entirely misleading and unfair statements.

- one person with required loyalty points may well be happy for forgo their right to attend a game in favour of a friend's child attending but another supporter (a father wishing to attend with a son or daughter or vice versa) with the correct loyalty points may then be denied that same opportunity.

- this is neither fair to all supporters nor the way the chairman designed the loyalty point system to operate. It further corrupts the system as the same supporter accrues loyalty points for a match they did not attend, perpetuating their future rights to away match tickets unfairly.

- the vast majority of our staff, across all areas of the club, are football fans; most of us have held (or still hold) season tickets at various clubs, across all four divisions, and have done so in many cases for many, many decades.

- contrary to some of the nonsense written
      on social media, we understand fan mentality very well - we discuss it every day of our working lives - and we know that trying to make things fairer for all fans isn't easy and, occasionally, won't be popular.

- that doesn't mean we shouldn't address issues that are raised with us. Equally, personal abuse of me or anyone else at the club for trying to establish a fair and equitable process for all supporters doesn't help - and won't change anything!
      l.
      In short don't be a **** at the football and you should be okay?
      "I will design a town in the image of your face. Round the wrinkles of your eyes my footsteps you can trace. We could promenade down infra-nasel depression. The streets of your hands will never feel a recession."

0 Not allowed!
      [QUOTE=Driver8;7833072]Not sure what the issue is here. QUOTE]

Perhaps refer back to one of the 429 separate examples listed elsewhere in this thread of genuine supporters who would be adversely affected by this. Happy to explain how it will also affects me (a genuine supporter) if you need yet another example.
      balls
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Iggle Piggle View Post
      It won't be though. I'd imagine anyone could get tickets for Hull, Burnley, Middlesbrough, Swansea, Stoke or Sunderland. Maybe Liverpool given the distance and recentish cup game. Granted Arsenal and Chelsea there will be a binfest on here but it won't be for every game as you can't do them all.

The sad thing for me is I took my 6 year old lad to Forest away on Saturday for his first game (he will get used to losing 3-0) where we managed to get a spare via Facebook. Are we really saying that's not on anymore? Or flogging a spare one here. Really?
      Allocations are a lot smaller than cup games. Most will be 3000 or less. I reckon we'd sell out most of them. Don't forget Premier League away tickets are cheaper than Championship. Less midweek games too.