Page 29 of 57 FirstFirst ... 192627282930313239 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 569
  1. #281

    2 Not allowed!
    Apologies if someone has already made this point....

    When you buy a ticket on seagullstickets.com you accept the terms and conditions. There are no terms and conditions on the site for away ticket purchases, so you are subject to those printed on the ticket itself, which will make no mention of name, and the issue of transferability only prevents you from selling it on for more than you bought it for.

    I bought a ticket for Leeds. I can't go. I give it to my brother. I have not breached the terms and conditions of purchase, nor has he. He has a valid match ticket in his possession and can't be refused entry. End of story. I don't see how the club think they can enforce a rule that doesn't actually exist. It seems about as well thought through as the Trump travel ban!

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #282

      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      But WHY would you travel 500 miles, then refuse, and ruin your own day and waste a shitload of money, just to make your point? Wouldn't most normal people just flash a card from their wallet, smile at the chap, and head to the bar?
      misses point many others have made and if I have to point out too, you clearly aren't and never will 'get it'...
      "Never miss a good chance to shut up"
    • #283

      1 Not allowed!
      Barber has got this all wrong AGAIN. He drops these clangers and then has to produce reams and reams of weasel words to somehow make it seem sensible.

      A relatively closed shop is precisely what protects most the truly loyal Albion fans. This loyalty exists and persists mainly within families and friendship groups and that is a good thing.

      Barber's real agenda is obviously about maximising income from "new" types of fans attracted by the Premier League and willing/able to spend more money. He obviously can't be honest about that publicly. Where he goes wrong is that he should just get on with it quietly - we as fans have no choice but to comply if we want to carry on going to matches.
      Boxing Day 1979 (h) W 3-0 B.Horton (pen), P.Ward, G.Ryan Att. 28,358

      St. Patrick's Day 2013 (h) W 3-0 L.Ulloa (2), Sp.Dave Att. 28,499
    • #284
      The birthplace of Rohan!
      Join Date
      Jul 2014
      Posts
      817


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Is it PotG? View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Is that the distance from The Amex or the residence?
      From The Amex, evens the field up slightly for people who have moved away from Brighton for person reasons.

      It'll still take a lot of games to reach the same level as a ST holder so you'd still have to be committed.

      Let's say you racked up 600 points last season. You'd start the season on 300 this year as points are halved. As an example let's say you had moved to Leeds, you're still looking at having to go Leeds (on TV), Barnsley, Huddersfield (Thursday/TV), Wednesday, Rotherham (Tuesday), Birmingham (TV) Preston & Neecastle (TV) just to accumulate the same amount of points as a ST holder who's done Fulham & Brentford.
      I ain't even been on Breakfast Club, but they envy when they see the god.
      Last.FM - TheBleeder
    • #285
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      Chandlers Ford
      Posts
      47,853


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by portlock seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      misses point many others have made and if I have to point out too, you clearly aren't and never will 'get it'...
      Its missing nothing whatsoever. I understand the arguments against, and appreciate that people are aggrieved by the assumption of wrong-doing. But all that aside, if you take a day off work, travel 500 miles, spend 100 quid on tickets, food and rail fares, then throw it all away because you refuse to show a polite kid with an Albion jacket and a clipboard, the name on your cash card, then you're an absolute bell-end.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.
    • #286
      Members Is it PotG?'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2017
      Location
      Sussex by the Sea
      Posts
      339


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Whitechapel View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      From The Amex, evens the field up slightly for people who have moved away from Brighton for person reasons.

      It'll still take a lot of games to reach the same level as a ST holder so you'd still have to be committed.

      Let's say you racked up 600 points last season. You'd start the season on 300 this year as points are halved. As an example let's say you had moved to Leeds, you're still looking at having to go Leeds (on TV), Barnsley, Huddersfield (Thursday/TV), Wednesday, Rotherham (Tuesday), Birmingham (TV) Preston & Newcastle (TV) just to accumulate the same amount of points as a ST holder who's done Fulham & Brentford.
      So Northern based fans would accumulate points much quicker than a Southern based one, overall? Who would work all this out?
    • #287
      Members chaileyjem's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Location
      Chailey
      Posts
      4,232


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gwylan View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      True at the moment, but that's changing as well. For the next GE, you'll have to show photo ID (as you do already in NI)
      Its a pilot scheme being trialled at the local elections in 2018. There are no plans to introduce for next GE. Yet.
    • #288

      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mwrpoole View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It's not allowed. I have a similar conundrum, my eldest is now working and can't get to many games, he's been to 3 so far this season. I rang the club back in September and asked if I could put the ticket in my Dad's name and was told No. I then asked if I could upgrade the ticket for the whole season for my Dad and after initially saying yes, the person I was speaking to realised that as my dad is an OAP & my son U21 the cost was the same and therefore no upgrade was necessary. They actually said 'your Dad can use your son's ticket all season, the lights at the turnstiles are the same for OAP's & U21's and the stewards know they are the same cost'. My dad has indeed used it all season and never had a problem. But the club statement also says that 'reallocating a ST' to a member of family or friend is not allowed. So now my dad is running the risk that he maybe challenged on match day, probably unlikely but a risk nonetheless. I also have a 5 year old that I'd like to start taking so ideally I'd put the ST in his name but no chance of that. We are in a row of 8 friends, I'm not renewing my U21's ST and his seat is 3rd in the row of 8. So the club are banking on selling that 1 ST to someone in the waiting list, lucky them!
      Criminal behaviour. Hope you get caught. We don't need your type following this club. PS can you donate to the forty notes fund, we seem to be having a cashflow crisis...
      "Never miss a good chance to shut up"
    • #289

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hans kraay fan club View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Its missing nothing whatsoever. I understand the arguments against, and appreciate that people are aggrieved by the assumption of wrong-doing. But all that aside, if you take a day off work, travel 500 miles, spend 100 quid on tickets, food and rail fares, then throw it all away because you refuse to show a polite kid with an Albion jacket and a clipboard, the name on your cash card, then you're an absolute bell-end.
      Or I and many others don't share your views on civil liberties but thanks, you rage away with your insults. I would genuienly love for you to lose your wallet at an away game to test this theory. And as if you've never taken or passed a ticket on at face value because of a last minute event...On your bike, son.
      "Never miss a good chance to shut up"
    • #290

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mwrpoole View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It's not allowed. I have a similar conundrum, my eldest is now working and can't get to many games, he's been to 3 so far this season. I rang the club back in September and asked if I could put the ticket in my Dad's name and was told No. I then asked if I could upgrade the ticket for the whole season for my Dad and after initially saying yes, the person I was speaking to realised that as my dad is an OAP & my son U21 the cost was the same and therefore no upgrade was necessary. They actually said 'your Dad can use your son's ticket all season, the lights at the turnstiles are the same for OAP's & U21's and the stewards know they are the same cost'. My dad has indeed used it all season and never had a problem. But the club statement also says that 'reallocating a ST' to a member of family or friend is not allowed. So now my dad is running the risk that he maybe challenged on match day, probably unlikely but a risk nonetheless. I also have a 5 year old that I'd like to start taking so ideally I'd put the ST in his name but no chance of that. We are in a row of 8 friends, I'm not renewing my U21's ST and his seat is 3rd in the row of 8. So the club are banking on selling that 1 ST to someone in the waiting list, lucky them!
      This is slightly different, I suspect, as you have already paid for this season and there is not that many left to go, so you can run down your ticket. If you were to renew it next season and your Dad used it every game, then you would run the small risk of being caught. At some point though, your son will be over 21 and so the cost and the lights will change so your Dad will then not get in.

      It is a shame that you cannot pass it on to your dad, friend etc. but that is the issue with being successful and having waiting lists. There are STH's at Liverpool, United, etc. that have been going for decades and the ticket is not in their name. Brighton want to avoid this and I understand why.

      For what it is worth, I buggered up big time earlier in the season. My daughter has been a STH holder since the Amex and she gave it up last season due to boyfriend/work commitments, these commitments then changed and she asked me to get her a half season ticket before Christmas and I forgot!!! As far as I am aware, she has no chance of getting one for next season whether we go up or not, which has really pee'd me off as I love going to the football with her. But it was my fault and hers for not reminding me so I will have to live with it.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •