Page 27 of 58 FirstFirst ... 172425262728293037 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 580
  1. #261
    Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Cowfold
    Posts
    7,347


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ATFC Seagull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Let's wait and see how it transpires. It's a relatively fair point to raise and warn people about. I'd be surprised if there's a horde of Albion stewards at QPR militantly checking everyone's ID - but for some reason should they suspect someone is taking the piss, it gives them the chance to say "we warned you".
    I think that's right, just by threatening that they will do this, doesn't mean that they actually will. Perhaps they think that the threat will be enough? Even if they do follow through with it, it will prove next to impossible to check any more than a few tickets, unless they want long queues to build up at turnstiles, or to incovenience an awful lot of people inside the ground.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #262

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cowfold Seagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I think that's right, just by threatening that they will do this, doesn't mean that they actually will. Perhaps they think that the threat will be enough? Even if they do follow through with it, it will prove next to impossible to check any more than a few tickets, unless they want long queues to build up at turnstiles, or to incovenience an awful lot of people inside the ground.
      They could just use it in the event of trouble, any little bit of trouble like back chatting etc. and check the ticket and ban the holder and the buyer. By putting this rule in and saying they may have stewards at grounds, it will surely deter people from doing this and will give them the option of banning both parties.

      A friend of mine has 4 season tickets and he is on my friends & family. In theory, I could have bought 4 extra tickets for Forest along with mine and taken mates who could not get tickets. As there was only 2,000 available for Forest, would this have been fair to other supporters that wanted tickets? There is obviously no issue in doing this when we are playing away to clubs that give us plenty of tickets or clubs that are miles up north and playing on a Tuesday night but this is changing as we get more successful and will change significantly next season if we go up.
    • #263
      Fan of the 17 bus Cowfold Seagull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2009
      Location
      Cowfold
      Posts
      7,347


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Birdie Boy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      They could just use it in the event of trouble, any little bit of trouble like back chatting etc. and check the ticket and ban the holder and the buyer. By putting this rule in and saying they may have stewards at grounds, it will surely deter people from doing this and will give them the option of banning both parties.

      A friend of mine has 4 season tickets and he is on my friends & family. In theory, I could have bought 4 extra tickets for Forest along with mine and taken mates who could not get tickets. As there was only 2,000 available for Forest, would this have been fair to other supporters that wanted tickets? There is obviously no issue in doing this when we are playing away to clubs that give us plenty of tickets or clubs that are miles up north and playing on a Tuesday night but this is changing as we get more successful and will change significantly next season if we go up.
      Agreed.
    • #264
      The birthplace of Rohan!
      Join Date
      Jul 2014
      Posts
      1,037


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I don't agree with what PB is proposing on the basis that the problem isn't a major issue but I disagree with your comment. STH and home tickets is money into the club. Those that just go to away games aren't putting money into their club so why should they get priority over home supporters.
      Quote Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Those that put the effort in to go away should get priority for away games that have demand greater than supply. Buying a season ticket requires no effort. Travelling to Blackburn on a Tuesday does.

      This isn't a personal thing as I do both.
      I think there needs to be a better balance when it comes to loyalty points. 1000 for a ST and 10 for an away game is too far apart IMHO. For clarity, I'm 23, have been to 51/92 with Brighton and have been a ST holder every year since the second of back-to-back promotion seasons apart from last year when I couldn't afford one.

      Whilst I agree that ST holders are paying directly to the club and are therefore more valuable, I don't think money spent is a good indicator of how "loyal" you are. If it all it comes down to is money the let people buy Loyalty Points at the club shop and be done with it. The system needs revamping. With away games being awarded more points than they currently are and also some kind of distinction between Brentford away on a Saturday and a Tuesday at Rotherham.

      Somebody could go to every away game for 10 years, but not have a season ticket and they'd be on roughly 250 points at the start of the season and 440 at the end before being reset back to 220 to star the cycle again. Is that person really not as loyal as Mark, 37 who was a Manchester United fan until 2014 but now has a ST at The Amex?

      A system where extremely frequent travelling to away games could put you on level footing with ST holders would be a fairer way of doing a Loyalty scheme.

      For example;

      1000 points for a ST
      100 points for a home cup game WHEN USED.

      25 points for games within 125 miles
      50-75 points for games with 125-250 miles depending on exact distance, KO time & Price.
      75-100 points for games over 250 miles depending on exact distance, KO time & Price.

      For any high-point game under a certain price point (e.g Huddersfield this year) introduce a system where points can only be redeemed if the game is attended. Either by asking the home club to send us the ticket stubs if they can identify the ticket or have club officials collect stubs within the away ground. Admittedly this would require some thinking from the club to find a working system but is by no means impossible.

      That's my two pence worth anyway.

      It's not a flawless idea but it would work much better than the current system
      Don't take what I say with a pinch of salt
      Take it with a line and a Whisky short

      CASisDead - Dumb
    • #265
      Brain dead MUG SHEEP Easy 10's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Location Location
      Posts
      49,405


      6 Not allowed!
      Obviously we understand the clubs rationale behind this statement, but it is at best misguided, and at worst downright malicious, whether the intention is there or not.

      In effect they’re saying there are 2 types of “abuses” here, and have decided to deal with them both exactly the same. The first one they’re trying to weed out are the fans who are systematically using their high number of loyalty points to regularly pass on their away tickets to other fans who either have none, or are lower down the scale. How many fans are actually doing this ? Is it truly widespread ? The very nature of having a high number of loyalty points suggests that these people are indeed loyal fans of the club, so how many times are their tickets actually getting passed on down the scale ? I can’t imagine its THAT often, but the club have decided its happening enough, and so it needs crushing.

      But in looking to deal with this “abuse”, they are putting a whole bunch of loyal fans in the same boat as the ones that they feel are systematically doing this as an “abuse” all the time. No differentiation. So someone who bought a ticket in good faith but then cannot make the game, is presumably stuck with it and out of pocket. No passing it on to a friend or family member, for risk of them getting an ID Gestapo Officer at the turnstile or inside the ground demanding to see photo ID, and all the fallout and subsequent consequences that would befall both parties (ticket buyer and ticket holder) when the ID doesn’t match the buyer.

      And for what ? What CRIME has been committed ? Someone wants to go and watch a game of football and support their team, but may or may not be quite as far up the loyalty points ladder as someone else who dipped out on a ticket probably through not being quick enough off the mark when they went on sale. Is that really worth bringing this in for ?

      They can dress it up all they like as “protecting the loyal fans”, but this sucks the big one, and is a policy that will serve to alienate a LOT more fans than it satisfies. I say again – any herbert who comes up to me at a game and demands I show them ID will be told to shove it.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"
    • #266
      Members Is it PotG?'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2017
      Location
      Sussex by the Sea
      Posts
      2,218


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Whitechapel View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I think there needs to be a better balance when it comes to loyalty points. 1000 for a ST and 10 for an away game is too far apart IMHO.
      25 points for games within 125 miles
      50-75 points for games with 125-250 miles depending on exact distance, KO time & Price.
      75-100 points for games over 250 miles depending on exact distance, KO time & Price.
      Is that the distance from The Amex or the residence?
    • #267
      Super Moderator
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Posts
      31,651


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      ...They can dress it up all they like as “protecting the loyal fans”, but this sucks the big one, and is a policy that will serve to alienate a LOT more fans than it satisfies. I say again – any herbert who comes up to me at a game and demands I show them ID will be told to shove it.
      I rather suspect you would actually show them a bank card or similar from your wallet and carry on enjoying your day out watching the Albion. It doesn't really seem like a fight worth having at the time. By all means rage against the machine after the event etc...
    • #268
      Members
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Posts
      461


      1 Not allowed!
      What do I do ? I have sat with friend since Amex opened. He has now told me moving away and will not renew. My son is moving back to area and wants the ticket and will be great to go to Albion with him. Until I saw Barbers email I was going to ring up ticket office and change name. Can I assume this will not be allowed and ticket will have to go to somebody on there list because if this is so I will not renew. Part of enjoyment to me is going with a friend or family and am Also not willing to change seat. Whilst we dont have long conversations with those around we all ackowledge each other which again helps match day experience. I only have until 15th March
    • #269
      You can change this Bozza's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Back in Sussex
      Posts
      37,028

      Paul Barber - ID checks of fans at away games?


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      They can dress it up all they like as “protecting the loyal fans”, but this sucks the big one, and is a policy that will serve to alienate a LOT more fans than it satisfies. I say again – any herbert who comes up to me at a game and demands I show them ID will be told to shove it.
      Are you really that bloody precious?

      If I walked into a ground and someone asked to see my ticket and then looked at an iPad or something and said "This ticket was sold to a Mr D McKay - would you have anything on you today that verifies that is you?" I'd get out a debit or credit card, they'd take a quick glance and I'd be on my way.

      There's really no need to be an arse about it, should it happen to you, which it almost certainly won't.

      The alternative is probably rocking up at the Amex for the next game and my season ticket being blocked. All because I got a bit flouncy at an away game.

      Knock yourself out if you want comrade.
      Please buy from Amazon via this link. Thanks.
    • #270
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      Chandlers Ford
      Posts
      49,913


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Are you really that bloody precious?

      If I walked into a ground and someone asked to see my ticket and then looked at an iPad or something and said "This ticket was sold to a Mr D McKay - would you have anything on you today that verifies that is you?" I'd get out a debit or credit card, they'd take a quick glance and I'd be on my way.

      There's really no need to be an arse about it, should it happen to you, which it almost certainly won't.

      The alternative is probably rocking up at the Amex for the next game and my season ticket being blocked. All because I got a bit flouncy at an away game.

      Knock yourself out if you want comrade.
      Shame you're only allowed to give a post one thumbsup.

      Here - have a few more:







      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •