Page 1 of 58 12341151 ... LastLast
    Members

Paul Barber - ID checks of fans at away games?

0 Not allowed!
    http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/artic...ampaign=buffer

Bit surprised about this if I am honest. I understand the problem but not sure that is the right way of going about it. How many fans do they think are using other peoples fan numbers?

What next, picking tickets up on the motorway 3 hours before kick off?
    900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
    Steve Parish - CPFC2010

• North Stand Chat

advertising

3 Not allowed!
      Seems fair to me
      Loitering with intent

15 Not allowed!
      And I don't think you need to be a hotshot lawyer to work out that they have no right to do this. Asking to see someone's ID? They're having a laugh.
      "I'm glad I've been able to help a bit."
      Chris Hughton, 17 April 2017

18 Not allowed!
      FFS, pathetic.

We're going to a frigging FOOTBALL match for christs sake. I use my own fan number anyway, but if some jobsworth herbert in a high viz came up to me at a match and demanded I produce ID, I'd tell him to poke it.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Was not Was View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      And I don't think you need to be a hotshot lawyer to work out that they have no right to do this. Asking to see someone's ID? They're having a laugh.
      If they are selling you a ticket, and they add this to their T&C that they have the right to do so ("In completing this purchase you hereby agree to our terms and conditions", click this little box to agree), then why wouldn't they??
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.
      Super Moderator

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Was not Was View Post
      Perhaps they do have the ability to deny you access to their facilities if you can't prove you are the legitimate owner of the ticket?

Would seem a bit odd for Barber to go out on this limb if he hadn't checked??

5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      FFS, pathetic.

We're going to a frigging FOOTBALL match for christs sake. I use my own fan number anyway, but if some jobsworth herbert in a high viz came up to me at a match and demanded I produce ID, I'd tell him to poke it.
      So what's the problem?

Say you want to go to Norwich for a hypothetical promotion party, and all the eats are sold before the loyalty points drop to your level, so you miss out. How do you then feel if you find out 200 people with less points than you - perhaps who'd been to no games all season - DID get tickets?
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post
      Perhaps they do have the ability to deny you access to their facilities if you can't prove you are the legitimate owner of the ticket?

Be interested to see what the FSF say about this. Might wave it in front of them
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Titanic View Post

They do it at high profile concerts, so it stands to reason they'd have no issue doing the same at football.

8 Not allowed!
      So what happens if you buy a ticket but cant make it anymore
      "He scores with his face......."