Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Barber - ID checks of fans at away games?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Those 1,006 at Rotherham tonight should be more entitled to get tickets for say Norwich than Mr 1901 not been away all season who wants to jump on the glory ship IMO

The current scheme seems sensible to me. You start off with x points which get added to with every subsequent game. Regular attendees will always be top of the pile.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Those 1,006 at Rotherham tonight should be more entitled to get tickets for say Norwich than Mr 1901 not been away all season who wants to jump on the glory ship IMO

Even the ones who live near Rotherham ? It's a can of worms this subject (memories of Beach Hut/Ernest and the West Ham fiasco). The club's formula is straightforward and easily understandable.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
There's no right or wrong on this issue. The club can choose how to allocate tickets in a number of ways, none of which have moral superiority over the others. The club are choosing to make away ticket allocation a perk of buying a season ticket.

Sorry but that's the right way, those that put most in get most in return.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Even the ones who live near Rotherham ? It's a can of worms this subject (memories of Beach Hut/Ernest and the West Ham fiasco). The club's formula is straightforward and easily understandable.

Totally and to be commended, none of that AMS shit that went on before as for West Ham away, let's not even go there

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
With regards to home games, this Is being misinterpreted isn't it? Probably because it's ambiguous. I don't think Barber's saying the club are massively clamping down on people giving their season ticket to, say, another family member for an individual match. The intention surely is to stop people transferring their ticket for the whole season to someone they know. If everyone did that, it would become a closed shop and few people would ever have the chance to break on to the season ticket list. Seems some logic in that although I don't get the bit about a bereavement for instance. If 2 people go and one dies, they may want to transfer the 2nd seat to a friend so they still have someone to go with.

There are people aged well over 100 who have season tickets at grounds like Anfield, I know this from family members with STs there, who sit with these middle aged 100 year olds. They'd never have their tickets taken off them. They're in the family, and they'll stay in the family.

My uncle and aunt have had season tickets at Anfield for 40+ years, and were never able to get adjacent seats, they sat 4 seats apart in the last season before the new stand opened, when they were finally relocated, and got seats together.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
So I turn up at an away ground with nothing more than the ticket I have purchased at the club and enough cash in my pocket for my day out and nothing else. I get stopped by some guy outside an away ground demanding ID which I don't have, what is going to happen?

What law says I must carry ID

I never carry my driving licence, and never have. I don't have a credit card. I don't tend to take my debit card to football, or anywhere else there's likely to be a crush of people as it would be easy to 'lose'. I simply take enough money for beer, chips, and my tickets. I will be interested to see what happens....

D

Deleted member 2719

I never carry my driving licence, and never have. I don't have a credit card. I don't tend to take my debit card to football, or anywhere else there's likely to be a crush of people as it would be easy to 'lose'. I simply take enough money for beer, chips, and my tickets. I will be interested to see what happens....

Go on, just pop your passport in your back pocket.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

I think the point is that if it became part of the terms and conditions then you may well have the right not to show id and they might have the right to refuse you admission (obviously with the cooperation of the home team).

D

Deleted member 2719

Surely you mean in my sweaty waist band thingy that only comes out for foreign holidays to keep the euros and passports in?

Ha ha that's the one, in fact you could be nominated to carry everyone's ID.:whistle:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
You'll only need to be refused entry once to change that behaviour!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Surely you mean in my sweaty waist band thingy that only comes out for foreign holidays to keep the euros and passports in?

You need a man bag my friend.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Did Forest go to loyalty points or was it just season ticket holders only?

I think it was the matter.

Which means the tickets snapped up much likely to fall into hands of those on the wrong side of Balkham...

Yet Barber blames the fans (not customers) and immediately puts out a bullshit statement and ridiculous policy.

Absolute clown. Still, no doubt he'll respond at some point in the week (in the early hours of course so he can generate praise for being so committed) and answer some of the points he can spin on here.

Despicable man when it comes to supporter relations.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I never carry my driving licence, and never have. I don't have a credit card. I don't tend to take my debit card to football.

Maybe the can ask you security questions?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here