Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Melbourne is Dealing with the Issues.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I'm actually surprised how many think this is ok? Surely having any signs with a person wearing a dress/skirt just reinforces sexual differences? Why shouldn't men wear skirts? Plenty do in Scotland! Plenty of women wear trousers so how were the old signs sexist?

What they are basically saying is any woman who wears trousers is a bloke.

If anything, all of the old signs depict flat chested women, as they certainly don't have male appendages!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I'm actually surprised how many think this is ok? Surely having any signs with a person wearing a dress/skirt just reinforces sexual differences? Why shouldn't men wear skirts? Plenty do in Scotland! Plenty of women wear trousers so how were the old signs sexist?

If anything, all of these signs depict flat chested women, as they certainly don't have male appendages!

It's actually just a bolded stick figure. Normal people see green and red. Morons assign a sex to a sexless sign.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

If anything, all of the old signs depict flat chested women, as they certainly don't have male appendages!

Maybe a silhouette of bowie at his most androgynous would be the best compromise?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
What an unbelievable waste of time and money. As comments go, THIS

"these symbols are a practical and meaningful way to demonstrate that in fact 50 per cent of our population is female and should therefore also be represented at traffic lights."

...is almost up there with the vehicle/bat collision line. Seriously...WHO CARES ??
I'm astonished at how some people can justify a living sometimes in this world.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It's actually just a bolded stick figure. Normal people see green and red. Morons assign a sex to a sexless sign.

Hardly sexless, we were always told to wait for the little green man before crossing.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It amazes me just how upset people get about this stuff.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
What an unbelievable waste of time and money. As comments go, THIS

...is almost up there with the vehicle/bat collision line. Seriously...WHO CARES ??
I'm astonished at how some people can justify a living sometimes in this world.

exactly......"i'm a mouthpiece for womens rights".....!! ****in great ......absolutely fandabby****indozzy.....brellyunt......bury me up to my neck in horse shit and set light to my hair....i've had well enough of this bollox.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here