Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's all prove Dave Wagner wrong.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Derby - memory not all that but finished the season well to sneak in the play offs late. Lost play off games as expected - huge part down to shocking injury crisis - Chicksen LB & Calde CB wasn't it? Would have lost anyway but finished season well.

I meant Derby / Burnley run of home games end of last season.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Lets hope Villa have something to add to the argument tomorrow doubt it but can but hope.

Oh I dunno....Villa have picked up a little, winning there last three games albeit against out of form teams, two of which are in the bottom three...I'm thinking a draw

Last edited:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Oh I dunno....Villa have picked up a little, winning there last three games albeit against out of form teams, two oh which are in the bottom three...I'm thinking a draw

Steve Bruce has been known to get results, even without Hogan they still have players to cause an upset.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I meant Derby / Burnley run of home games end of last season.

2 draws?! Didn't we win a silly amount too? We were just unlucky last season - we didn't stutter like Boro did - we were quite the opposite.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
We really haven't ever. Only the last 1 game or 2nd to last game. We actually have a history of finishing seasons very strongly - but many like to cling to that bollocks that we 'bottle' it at the end - when in fact we have often have a very good run.

I've never seen the team "bottle" during the run in. The same of course isn't true of a small but vociferous section of our "support".

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Last season - absolutely fantastic unbeaten run to finish 3rd. Really strong finish to the season again. One bad game away where we were desperately unlucky having 4 injuries in an hour - freak game. freak injuries. Suspension to Dunk. Mainly bad luck

Couldn't really surmise where he heard his info from ???

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Stinks of Adkins "Keeping up" type nonsense. We do tend to bottle it and get horrendous luck in the big one off games but we'll see.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I have heard fans of other clubs say this - "they'll have a poor end of the season like last year". What absolute gibberish - we were the form team! Just unlucky against Boro and Weds :)lol:) in the final three games. Yes, we should have beaten Burnley - but we didn't even lose that one, so I really don't know what people are on about.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
He's not wrong they COULD catch us. However as said before our recent end of season record is actually very good.

My worry is that our record is not so good when we have injuries / suspensions in defence. We are now without Goldson and almost certainly Duffy for the rest of the season. Dunk will at some point (probably within about 2-3 weeks time be suspended for 3 games. - For example he might miss important games such as QPR and Wolves away). Bong is injured and Pocognoli has just had a knock but should be ok. The best news is that Rosenior is back and it is a huge advantage that he is such a flexible and combative player.

One more key injury or sending off in defence might now tip the balance.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
We really haven't ever. Only the last 1 game or 2nd to last game. We actually have a history of finishing seasons very strongly - but many like to cling to that bollocks that we 'bottle' it at the end - when in fact we have often have a very good run.

This. I've had to explain this to a couple of people. The only year I actually think we 'bottled' it was against Crystal Palace. We snuck into the playoffs when we played Derby and were utterly outplayed, then we lost out on goal difference and an absolutely bonkers amount of injuries in the first leg against the Massive.

Winds me up no end when people say we're bottlers.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Huddersfield are an ordinary team, playing above themselves. At the start of the season, there were very few, if any of their players that you would have swapped for any of ours. They were picked off quite easily by Newcastle, who had an easier night than against us.
The three best teams in this division are still Toon, BHA and the Massive and that is the order they will finish in. Forget Wagner, he is all pee and wind and trying to play mind games. He hasn't got an ounce of the pedigree and dignity of CH and he will be straight off in pursuit of a new challenge once Huddrsfld fail to go up ( which they will do )

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009

..........except when it really does matter.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This. I've had to explain this to a couple of people. The only year I actually think we 'bottled' it was against Crystal Palace. We snuck into the playoffs when we played Derby and were utterly outplayed, then we lost out on goal difference and an absolutely bonkers amount of injuries in the first leg against the Massive.

Winds me up no end when people say we're bottlers.
We didn't bottle it against Palace Poyet had a strop and played the wrong side/formation.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It's not over confidence, it's merely him saying that Huddersfield Town have everything to play for. For the most part we seem to have this false humility in England. He is simply telling things as they are in a way in which I find no arrogance or condescension.

Exactly. We are getting a bit precious. It's up to us...if we win more than the teams below us, we will go up...simples.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here