Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's all prove Dave Wagner wrong.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
This sums it up for me, for the final push in getting Albion finally promoted automatically, and living the dream.
Yorkshire Post reports, Dave Wagner feels we can be caught, I know that's possible, but it stinks of over confidence to me, IMO :thumbsup:

"Brighton – and this is what I hear from people who have much more experience of English football than I have – have struggled in the past, often, at the end of the season."

Read more at: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/spor...otion-rivals-brighton-can-be-caught-1-8424617

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
This sums it up for me, for the final push in getting Albion finally promoted automatically, and living the dream.
Yorkshire Post reports, Dave Wagner feels we can be caught, I know that's possible, but it stinks of over confidence to me, IMO :thumbsup:

"Brighton – and this is what I hear from people who have much more experience of English football than I have – have struggled in the past, often, at the end of the season."

Read more at: http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/spor...otion-rivals-brighton-can-be-caught-1-8424617

He is possibly playing the game expected of him, and you are falling for it, as they say in Frozen, 'Let it go, Let it go'.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He's not wrong though is he.
It's in our hands again so let's not mess it up

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We really haven't ever. Only the last 1 game or 2nd to last game. We actually have a history of finishing seasons very strongly - but many like to cling to that bollocks that we 'bottle' it at the end - when in fact we have often have a very good run.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We really haven't ever. Only the last 1 game or 2nd to last game. We actually have a history of finishing seasons very strongly - but many like to cling to that bollocks that we 'bottle' it at the end - when in fact we have often have a very good run.

Derby? Burnley ? Last season.
Palace play offs?

Admit it we've always struggled when the odds have been in our favour in recent seasons

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Palace play offs?

Admit it we've always struggled when the odds have been in our favour in recent seasons

I'm fed up with this,until the play offs last season, we were the form team, undefeated in our last 14 games. We made up 11 points on Boro, we usually have stronger second halfs of the season than first halfs

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I'm fed up with this,until the play offs last season, we were the form team, undefeated in our last 14 games. We made up 11 points on Boro, we usually have stronger second halfs of the season than first halfs

We did very well against the lower teams, struggled against the top 6. Is that accurate ?

Either way let's use his words to our benefit

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Palace play offs?

Did we keep up with Southampton? As I recall, we won the title with 5 games to spare.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
It's not over confidence, it's merely him saying that Huddersfield Town have everything to play for. For the most part we seem to have this false humility in England. He is simply telling things as they are in a way in which I find no arrogance or condescension.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Palace play offs?

Last season? 45 points from the last 20 matches (W13, D6, L1) is a classic case of bottling it. Well done for opening our eyes to this disgraceful lack of bottle.

Errmmm................you do understand the term 'bottling it' - failing to perform as well as possible when the going gets tough - don't you?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Palace play offs?

Derby - memory not all that but finished the season well to sneak in the play offs late. Lost play off games as expected - huge part down to shocking injury crisis - Chicksen LB & Calde CB wasn't it? Would have lost anyway but finished season well.

Palace - Finished season excellently - THE form horse. Not what Wagner described. Decent first leg. Lost one key game. Again, finished season strongly...

Last season - absolutely fantastic unbeaten run to finish 3rd. Really strong finish to the season again. One bad game away where we were desperately unlucky having 4 injuries in an hour - freak game. freak injuries. Suspension to Dunk. Mainly bad luck.

Yet to see us 'struggling' at the end of a season in the past - quite the opposite in fact. Of the actual league season for sure. It's a lazy myth that we 'bottle' it. Derby on the other hand...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What else is he meant to say? "We've got no chance of going up in 2nd, so we're going to settle for 3rd"
Something like 'they're most certainly catchable'. Not some myth fat John in the cantine has lazily told him about us 'struggling' at the end of most seasons...

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Palace play offs?

I produced a 40 year table for another thread that showed quite the opposite. We have faltered in the play-offs but when it comes to chasing automatic promotion, with an advantage post New Year, there is not a single case of us properly 'bottling' it.

This year would be different if it happens.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here