Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New CB - Vegard Forren?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Isnt that an improvement on our U23s and may never have to play but if he did he is experienced, it seems.

Maybe. Depends how fit he is.

We have Uwe and Tomori.

Perhaps we're covering for the inevitable Dunk suspension.

(Fully expect five at the back at some point to complete the circus)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Hasn't played for 4 months? Really? Back up to Uwe if true I should imagine

That is what we need an experienced back up to Uwe & possibly Dunk. According to tge report he turned diwn another contract with Molde rather than they let him go, so may be ok and be able to do the job. Who knows but got to be worth considering.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Seems a bit desperate to me but I suppose it makes sense to have ample cover

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
That is what we need an experienced back up to Uwe & possibly Dunk. According to tge report he turned diwn another contract with Molde rather than they let him go, so may be ok and be able to do the job. Who knows but got to be worth considering.
Norweigan football is abysmal. Saints bought him for 4 million then let him go for free after SIX months. He ain't good enough, and hasn't played for months. Seems pointless when we have Tomori and BFG.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Hasn't played for 4 months? Really? Back up to Uwe if true I should imagine

I think the trouble is Uwe is left sided and consequently we have no right sided cover. Any signing would need to be predominantly right sided

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
"Not only was Forren rubbish last year, he is far too expensive and doesn't appear to have the mindset of a professional athlete."

Welcome!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If BFG gets injured and Dunk misses 3 games through suspension we would be in the s..t and all our hopes go out of the window. So if not expensive a contract to the end of season could suit both parties.. Why did Southampton pay £4m they must have seen something in him. Not saying he is the answer but worth consideration.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
There's a Norwegian pundit on twitter slating this bloke. Good times.

I've seen a couple of tweets saying he burned his bridges in Norway and refused to play with Bendtner. He doesn't seem universally liked.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
If BFG gets injured and Dunk misses 3 games through suspension we would be in the s..t and all our hopes go out of the window. So if not expensive a contract to the end of season could suit both parties.. Why did Southampton pay £4m they must have seen something in him. Not saying he is the answer but worth consideration.
I know nothing about this player other than what's in this thread, but one thing I would say, partly in recognition of Saints paying £4m for him, there are some players who look ideal, maybe play really well, then go to a club and are abysmal. It's not always the player at fault, but can be the system played, the other players, and so on. They then move to another club and are perfect for that club. Let's face it, I think some Blackburn fans would have paid us to take Duffy off their hands at the time we did the deal, and he's been great for us!

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I know nothing about this player other than what's in this thread, but one thing I would say, partly in recognition of Saints paying £4m for him, there are some players who look ideal, maybe play really well, then go to a club and are abysmal. It's not always the player at fault, but can be the system played, the other players, and so on. They then move to another club and are perfect for that club. Let's face it, I think some Blackburn fans would have paid us to take Duffy off their hands at the time we did the deal, and he's been great for us!

Could be, and if Fonte and Lovren were playing then it would be hard for Forren to get in.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
He could have stayed at Molde, but he no f*** that!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here