Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is the most boring football story out there?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The champions league.
Never watch it. Couldn't give a toss. And I love football.

Just as well its on BT Sport till 2021 then. ITV haven't even got highlights any more after this season.

116 people watched Sevilla v Leicester.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
England forever underachieving by not winning the World Cup or the Euros. Again.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Really had enough of the whole Arsenal/Arsene Wenger saga.

It seems to have been going on for about eight seasons, precisely the same narrative - has he lost the plot, not won the league, not bought right players, not strengthened in right areas, too stubborn, won't change style when required, fans unhappy, has to go, never out of top four for decades, and worst of all Piers Morgan sounding off at regular intervals.

If you aren't actually an Arsenal fan (and maybe even if you are) it's got very tedious.

Any others? Rooney, possibly.
well said. Thing that irritates me is the column inches and media coverage devoted to it. But it's not 'news' by definition because as you say, it's been going on for 8 years! Much rather hear about what's going on at clubs outside the Premier than the Hokey Cokey story that is Arsenal PLC (10000 words daily), Wayne Rooney signs a new shinpad contract (8000 words). Meanwhile, 100+ year old club faces liquidation (not even news in brief)...Journalists: DO YOUR JOB!

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
Why do people leave early ? (Matches/beam backs)
Stories about 'firms'
I've never been to the Amex but when do villa tickets go on sale.?

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Anyone talking about people leaving early. I would willingly pull the trigger myself to shut them up.

Don't they realise what utterly boring tw**s they sound.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
How will brexit affect football

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
The Greek Superleague. Olympiacos F.C. have won it comfortably for the past 5 seasons.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Steven Gerrard's retirement.

From his announcement midway through a season, through to the final painful denouement, months and months later, was a monumental shitfest of spectacular SkySports brown-nosing and cronyism. Every week, a new "last". Here it is...Gerrard's last ever game at White Hart Lane! Gerrard's final Merseyside derby! Gerrard's last Europa League match! Gerrard's penultimate clash with Wenger! Gerrard's final game against the old enemy, Man United! Gerrard's final February home game! Gerrard's last ever midweek match at Anfield! Possibly Gerrard's last FA Cup tie! Gerrard's final Saturday home game! Gerrard's final Saturday away game! And finally- FINALLY!- his last ever one, accompanied by week-long previews, tributes, fanfares and the like. I remember they almost wept when Liverpool got knocked out of the FA Cup that season, thus denying Our Hero one big cup final moment of glory.

I mean, you know, he was decent, mostly for Liverpool, not quite so much for England, but come ON :rolleyes:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
People who submit dissertations on why they leave early and their freedom of choice.

People who harp on about atmosphere not effecting games of football and not recognising room for improvement.

People who monologue about safe-standing not being a return to terracing, when nobody in their right mind expects that.

Clough/Revie.

Leeds in general.

This thread.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here