Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Without meaning to tempt fate how positive are you about us getting promoted?

Are we going up?

• Total voters

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Oh the permutations are endless and each game that passes it actually looks less clear and uncertain. Had it not been for a fluke of an equaliser v Newcastle we would probably have gone on to win and be sitting pretty and it seems that game has knocked the confidence add in injuries and Dunks yellow card situation which seems all but inevitable at some point things look less certain.

Add into the mix us the fans, all we have been through doom, gloom, homeless, heartache at the hands of our bitter rivals and The Massive last year all adds to the impending doom and capitulation some of us expect.....

Why ? because that's how we feel our history has gone, and that's what we think will happen here....

We can't possibly do this can we ? Dare we dream ? Dare we tempt fate ?

You know what, let's dream, lets dare, lets sing "we're on our way", lets be cocky, let that transfer on the pitch...

lets do this for once and for all together.....

6 points clear, and the pressure is still on the chasing pack just as much as us, it's not one way pressure you know....

Team automatic....

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Psychobilly said:
We can't possibly do this can we ? Dare we dream ? Dare we tempt fate ?

You know what, let's dream, lets dare, lets sing "we're on our way", lets be cocky, let that transfer on the pitch...

lets do this for once and for all together.....

6 points clear, and the pressure is still on the chasing pack just as much as us, it's not one way pressure you know....

Team automatic....

I like this post. And yes, one little blip does not a season make. Six points clear with 12 games for our rivals to play, I'll take that thank you.

No one said it would be easy, but I'm still sure that we're on our way

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Now is the time for a new hero to come to the fore (CB), or just FFS Murray to start scoring again.Or both. We need to win against the lower league fodder. kayal and Skalak need to find their form, knockaert to destroy Derby single handedly. We'll be OK if the players really want premiership football, remember, anything to do with the Albion will never be/has never been easy or straight forward, but we eventually get there, don't we?

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Just to show how different things could easily have been, remember the situation before Newcastle. A Toon-supporting pal of mine was genuinely very worried that with away games against us, Hudd and Reading that we - at home to them, and then playing Forest and Rotherham - could be 8-10 points clear at the top. Even after 79 minutes against Newcastle that scenario was pretty real. So chuck in the Duffy blow and you can see how bad a week it has been.

I agree with the above post that we need the main men or new heroes to step up now. Put it this way, I still believe but if we lose to Rotherham and Hudd beat a rejuvenated Villa, we'll all feel differently yet again. That opposition has come at a very important time for us, we need those three points.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I'm still confident but expectant of the continuing malaise tomorrow night.

We just never seem to do well there, bar the Revell goal fuelled Salde season

If we can't beat the rock bottom club, motivated by Huddersfield's later set back to ours on Saturday, do we deserve promotion?

Shirley lessons would have been learnt by CH and the players.

Form of LLL or LLD at this vital stage would be devastating.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Now is the time for a new hero to come to the fore (CB), or just FFS Murray to start scoring again.Or both. We need to win against the lower league fodder. kayal and Skalak need to find their form, knockaert to destroy Derby single handedly. We'll be OK if the players really want premiership football, remember, anything to do with the Albion will never be/has never been easy or straight forward, but we eventually get there, don't we?

Not since 1979. Pressure.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Thank goodness. If we were to fall short again i'm sure you will breathe a sigh of relief that you didn't get ahead of yourself.

It's not about me, I'm just advancing an opinion on a thread that has asked for opinions. But if it was another club in the same position, wouldn't we be slaughtering them for that when they started losing?

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Strange isn't it. In terms of automatic promotion, we are no worse off points wise than we were after dismantling Reading the other week. I don't recall many pessimistic threads that night! Still very confident.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Strange isn't it. In terms of automatic promotion, we are no worse off points wise than we were after dismantling Reading the other week. I don't recall many pessimistic threads that night!

Human nature / the lot of a football supporter. Three points at Rotherham, a good display by Duffy's replacement and most posts/threads will be upbeat.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
It's not about me, I'm just advancing an opinion on a thread that has asked for opinions. But if it was another club in the same position, wouldn't we be slaughtering them for that when they started losing?

Was tongue in cheek, but I just don't get why people object to anything overly positive? We're already a rather negative bunch (for historical reasons) so maybe it's time for that to change.

I'm no spring chicken and went through the misery of the 90's so when these younger fans want to generate a bit of positivity I see no reason not to join in.

Is it really an excuse to save egg on your face by being cautious about singing a bloody song? God knows there are enough clubs that should be ridiculed if that is the case.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
My real concern is tomorrow..if we are taking one game at a time.

Huddersfield whilst flying, struggled to beat Rotherham at their place and the town boards were full of them dodging a bullet. We need to be really positive tomorrow and put them to the sword.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
With all the injuries we have got I think it's time to play attacking football home and away and let's just go for it . With our depleted back line what have we got to lose ? At the moment we can't defend anyway so let's concentrate on attack and see how many goals we can score and hopefully our flair players can come to the table and take the pressure of our defence

Nice to have you on board Mr Keegan.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Was tongue in cheek, but I just don't get why people object to anything overly positive? We're already a rather negative bunch (for historical reasons) so maybe it's time for that to change.

I'm no spring chicken and went through the misery of the 90's so when these younger fans want to generate a bit of positivity I see no reason not to join in.

Is it really an excuse to save egg on your face by being cautious about singing a bloody song? God knows there are enough clubs that should be ridiculed if that is the case.

I honestly don't think it's anything too sinister - just a few people long enough in the tooth (and I am one too) to know that sport, and even life, can occasionally remind you in painful fashion when you're getting ahead of yourself. So I'd rather not give fate the chance! Plenty of other songs to support the team.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I honestly don't think it's anything too sinister - just a few people long enough in the tooth (and I am one too) to know that sport, and even life, can occasionally remind you in painful fashion when you're getting ahead of yourself. So I'd rather not give fate the chance! Plenty of other songs to support the team.

Poppycock....

So you have never sung "and we're going up to win the cup" worse still at a league game....

Your arguement why not to sing "we're on our way" is balderdash...

Take a deep breath hold back the tears and one, two, three.... "We're on our way.......

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Everyone on this forum would've taken the position we are in at the start of the season.
It is still in our hands, stay positive and we can do this.
There will be twists and turns, the players want it, we want it.
Let's pull together and achieve this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here