Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Without meaning to tempt fate how positive are you about us getting promoted?

Are we going up?

• Total voters

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Ask me on Wednesday morning..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
If you're going by train, I'm sure the return journey has a 4g dead zone, so your NSC comments won't be logged:wink::whistle:
Can you believe I haven't received 1 private message with an apology in it yet![emoji57]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
long way to go but not quite sure it's a 3 horse race as someone below Huddersfield could go on a really good run.

Absolutely. I haven't written the other clubs off at all - Leeds are only ONE point behind Huddersfield FFS! (and Reading TWO, Wednesday FOUR)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
at the risk of some wag calling me a bedwetter, I was supremely confident about 4 weeks ago and would have put my house on us going up....now, I think with a fair wind we will scrape over the line, BUT all things being equal, I think play offs is more likely..

...and we all know where that ends up

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I am in Team Positive.

#believe

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I'm trying desperately to remain positive but the last week has really not been a good one. And then I look at the table, and I think about Newcastle beating the Udders, and then I think of our CB situation, and then I think how unthinkable it would be to lose to Rotherham, and then I think about Huddersfield and whether they're stoppable, and then I look at some of the away games we've still got (e.g. Norwich, Leeds, Villa), and then I think we probably need to win 7 more games and then, and then and then ......... and so it goes on.

Great summary - I'm exactly the same! One thing makes me positive then the next makes me hugely negative & worried. I actually (half tongue in cheek) told a palace mate that we're now 7th favs for promotion :lol: :facepalm:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
When I think of the 11 point gap we had, or more recently circa 9mins+stoppage away from being 5 clear of 2nd and 9 clear of 3rd with them to play each other next, I obviously get quite despondent. Especially when you compound that with recent and not so recent injury/suspension concerns.

I think we will make it, but I can't help but feel this almighty scare was unnecessary with abit more composure about us, and of course we should expect luck to go against us in most circumstances so that was no surprise.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Barber has already said that we won't be screwing it up this time so one has to assume that the club expects promotion this season.

He's smart enough to not actually say we won't be in sense that its 100% in the bag. Actual quote was 'We screwed up the other three (seasons) so we need to do it this year".
via http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...executive-Paul-Barber-time.html#ixzz4aZU0cZgr

That said you'd find plenty of journalists, commentators, and fans (still) who do expect it.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I wouldn't say I was overly positive about promotion, but I am always a bit like that about everything important.

You won't hear me singing any of those songs about the Premier League, I just wouldn't do that.

Promotion would be a huge thing for all of us, and I won't be counting any chickens until it actually happens, maybe even more so after recent near misses.

There is just so much riding on it. The club tried very hard to keep the team together last season, and it is difficult to see that happening again if we missed out.

The injuries are mounting up again, another nasty omen, but you have to take a step back and think what a brilliant couple of seasons it has been to watch the Albion and if they can do what they have done for the last 18 months, we'll be up.

But you do feel it needs to be automatic, I wouldn't want to be playing Hudd/Leeds/Sheff W in the play-offs. We'd beat Reading IMHO.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
At this time, if I had to bet the farm on it, I would say we will blow up in the play-offs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here