Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Hotdogs, extra onions clippedgull's Avatar

BT extends Champions League rights.

0 Not allowed!
    BT Sport has extended its TV rights for the Champions League and Europa League until 2021 in a deal worth £1.2bn.

The company has been broadcasting Europe's elite club competitions since 2015 under the terms of an £897m deal agreed in 2013.

BT Sport, owned by Britain's biggest broadband and mobile operator BT, is a paid subscription service.
    But it said it would make clips, weekly highlights, and both finals available to watch for free on social media.
    The new deal gives BT Sport exclusivity across all live games and highlights for the first time - meaning there will be no weekly highlights shown on free-to-air broadcaster ITV.
    Proud Member Of Team BHAFC since 1974

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      so no CL final on terrestial TV then?
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by clippedgull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      But it said it would make clips, weekly highlights, and both finals available to watch for free on social media.
      The new deal gives BT Sport exclusivity across all live games and highlights for the first time - meaning there will be no weekly highlights shown on free-to-air broadcaster ITV.
      Oh that's just great, okay if your on social media and have BT Sport, not so good if you're not on SM and have just Freeview 5
      Football is so beautiful because underdogs are able to achieve good results against giants. Regardless of what others say about our team, there’s always a chance. If you are able to take the pressure away from the team, sensations can happen. I have confidence in this Albion team

1 Not allowed!
      Personally i think this will lower the tv audience dramatically for CL games people will not pay extortionate prices for BT subscriptions anymore. I have absolutely no interesr in ultimately giving overpaid footballers at top c;lubs even more money through tv deals the game is bankrupting itself just sad really
      Hotdogs, extra onions clippedgull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by kennyb View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Personally i think this will lower the tv audience dramatically for CL games people will not pay extortionate prices for BT subscriptions anymore. I have absolutely no interesr in ultimately giving overpaid footballers at top c;lubs even more money through tv deals the game is bankrupting itself just sad really
      You would think so, but the bean counters at BT HQ must have thought it was a price worth paying. Shame that terrestrial tv is losing access especially for the non computer literate viewers.
      Proud Member Of Team BHAFC since 1974

1 Not allowed!
      Just means I care even less about the Champions League now.
      Tricky-Art for perusal at your leisure. Warning : No Albion content (yet - maybe sometime)

http://www.painters-online.co.uk/artist/TrickyDicky

0 Not allowed!
      The end of the CL , nobody watches it on BT

0 Not allowed!
      The Guardian says BT will have talks about sub-licensing some rights to terrestrial TV to keep the advertisers happy.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Since the CL went exclusively to BT I think the only time I've seen any action from it has been when it's appeared on the evening news. I'm not really sure who is left in it or how they're doing. There's plenty of decent football to be found without having to pay BT for it.

1 Not allowed!
      The only reason that I can think of as to why BT have paid this much for European football is purely to stop Sky getting the contract back. It does make be wonder what UEFA sponsors will be saying with no free to air coverage as I can't see BT viewing figures jumping up, given that the group games are not of much interesting, and later stage viewing is very much dependent of the progress of home teams.

The only other possibility would be if BT release goal highlights as Sky do and either charge a same cost for it, and then bombard you with adverts for other BT services such as broadband and phones.

Either way I won't be watching