Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Orlando City's new home

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Over the past couple of years we've touched on some of the great progress made in the MLS, including some great fan movements and atmospheres at the like of the Seattle Sounders and the Portland Timbers.

Today, Orlando City played their first game in their new purpose-built home. A 25,000 capacity NOT all-seater. They've put a steeply raked and low-roofed safe-standing terrace behind a goal complete with beer holders in each spot.

Orlando City beer holders.jpg

By all accounts, they also have a designated "smoke device area" too: http://www.sbnation.com/soccer/2017...city-sc-stadium-smoke-device-area-wall-ruckus

Boston28

Feb 7, 2014
I like the fact they have gone with a more realistically sized stadium and it looks like the new teams joining the league over the next few years are doing the same none of which hold more he 25k. There are a few teams New England included that play in huge stadiums 60k+ and get less then half that each game which not only looks ridiculous but also can massively lessen the atmosphere.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Looks ideal for them and assume they can increase capacity if the league over there blows up in 10 years time.

Will certainly check it out when over for a Bucs game in Tampa

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I like the fact they have gone with a more realistically sized stadium and it looks like the new teams joining the league over the next few years are doing the same none of which hold more he 25k. There are a few teams New England included that play in huge stadiums 60k+ and get less then half that each game which not only looks ridiculous but also can massively lessen the atmosphere.
Whilst i broadly agree, funnily enough Orlando is a bad example of this. They were getting huge crowds (averaged 30,000 I think) and this stadium is probably going to prove too small! Mind you, it looks great and they have thought of everything. Judging from number of Orlando City shirts i saw being worn when i went there last year, they are very very popular. Tickets will be like rocking horse sht.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
All they need now is some decent beer to put in the holders. Can't have everything i suppose.

Some excellent craft beers available !

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Be nice if our North Stand looked like this...

[tweet]838596507632828417[/tweet]

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
i bet they're not available in the ground though.

Don't see why not, you'd be surprised. There were a few at New York City FC and most baseball games I've been too. Food/drink is a huge money spinner for sports games there so they'll do whatever is popular

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Don't see why not, you'd be surprised. There were a few at New York City FC and most baseball games I've been too. Food/drink is a huge money spinner for sports games there so they'll do whatever is popular

I hope you are right then. Not that i'll be there anytime soon!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patreon
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Been to a couple of Orlando games, atmosphere is great.

Tickets are cheap as well, looking forward to going to the new ground in the Summer

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Be nice if our North Stand looked like this...

[tweet]838596507632828417[/tweet]

Never happen, too many people moaning about flags blocking their view. Barber would have to have a designated no flag area for the moaners.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here