Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Centre Halfs - Without a club

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
There doesnt appear to be any experienced CBs released recently who could come in and fit the bill any better than Uwe so stick with him but please dont start moving Bruno or Rosenior to cover the position and we must hope that Dunk takes a note of his responsibility now for at least a few games. No silly bokings like for dissent like Saturday.

Yoda

English & European
Out of interest put my anorak on and checked 'centre backs available for transfer' site. There are 5 pages of them, some just finished playing in other countries, mainly States, so would expect to be nearly up to speed.
Who was the English defender we got on loan from Vancouver last season ?
Anorak now off !!

Liam Ridgewell? From Portland Timbers you mean? MLS Season just started so no chance.

Also any players that were released by US clubs, whether MLS, NAS, or USL will not have played since November.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
There doesnt appear to be any experienced CBs released recently who could come in and fit the bill any better than Uwe so stick with him but please dont start moving Bruno or Rosenior to cover the position and we must hope that Dunk takes a note of his responsibility now for at least a few games. No silly bokings like for dissent like Saturday.

when's the bookings amnesty ?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Of course he will. Bruno had a stinker in his last game at CB if I recall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's because Bruno can't defend and always ducks out of headers.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Lets say an ex Bundesliga CB with Championship experience in a top 6 side as recently as last season was fit, available, and was old team mates with several of our back four.

oh hang on.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Tom Dallison, Ben White, Ben Hall, Fikayo Tomori.

Take away Dallison and White, (neither of whom have any experience whatsoever in the Championship), and add Uwe Hunemaier, (who has quite a bit).

Personally I can't see the club looking beyond Tomori and Hunemaier. Why sign Tomori on loan if we aren't going to consider playing him?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Colin Hawkins

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Is that said in a manner to suggest it proves he's a liability or something? He might be, although let's hope not, but giving away a penalty does not indicate that.

Bruno handled at Fulham to give them a penalty (which Stocko also saved) so does whatever point you are trying to make about the BFG also apply to the bearded wonder?

And Glenn Murray who did a Stockdale impression to concede the penalty to Sheffield Wednesday?, (again which Stocko saved).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Looking at Transfermarket I found 3 interesting players

Marco Simic 29 years old released by Happoel Tel Aviv in Feb
Pablo Fontanello 32 released by Ural in Jan
Vegand Forren 29 released by Molde in Jan 33 Caps for Norway.

Not saying any would be better than Uwe but cover should Dunk get suspended or either get an injury.

I am convinced that Bruno ducked under the pass for Newcastle 2nd goal irrespective of it being good I think that he should have at least attempted to head it.

lordlush1972

Aug 15, 2006
Newhaven
Looking at Transfermarket I found 3 interesting players

Marco Simic 29 years old released by Happoel Tel Aviv in Feb
Pablo Fontanello 32 released by Ural in Jan
Vegand Forren 29 released by Molde in Jan 33 Caps for Norway.

Not saying any would be better than Uwe but cover should Dunk get suspended or either get an injury.

I am convinced that Bruno ducked under the pass for Newcastle 2nd goal irrespective of it being good I think that he should have at least attempted to head it.
e498274055e0179dba3586dc369e82a0.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here