Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Centre Halfs - Without a club

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
And who would play left-back?? Uwe will be fine - he's no Duffy, but he's good enough

Uwe just doesn't convince me & he has hardly played all season. I had forgotten about LB tho. How long are Bong or Pocognoli out for then?

worthingseagull

Sep 28, 2011
BFG was great last season but this year against Lincoln he was toilet, fair enough he may need games to get up to speed but it was only Lincoln so would be a bit worried but then again he is probably our best option if Duffy is to be missing

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Was it Humemeier who gave away the penalty away v Brentford? (that Stocko saved)

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
On the basis that he's not actually that big at all for a CB at 6'2" (and I reckon they measured that with heels on) can't we just call him Uwe? BFG makes sense for Mertesacker who's genuinely huge but I find it vaguely sad that we've adopted it.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Centre Halfs - Without a club

Frankly, for what's likely to be out there in this category, might as well change that 'b' in club for an 'e'.

Stick with what we've got (including youngsters if necessary).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Was it Humemeier who gave away the penalty away v Brentford? (that Stocko saved)

Is that said in a manner to suggest it proves he's a liability or something? He might be, although let's hope not, but giving away a penalty does not indicate that.

Bruno handled at Fulham to give them a penalty (which Stocko also saved) so does whatever point you are trying to make about the BFG also apply to the bearded wonder?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
White has been on the bench a few times, and, as I posted on the other thread, Rosenior can play across the back four.

I was quite impressed with Dallison in preseason, and he's had the benefit of a loan since then.

Good call. Dalliaon is potentially a good player and looks physically stronger than White, he's another one though that may be left sided.

That said I think Dallison will have to leave to progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Cambridge fans think Dallison is awful. In League 2.

They didn't at first and were complimenting him, particularly on Twitter. Don't forget they were bottom for a spell when he was there, which is hardly ideal when you are a young pro trying to learn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Is that said in a manner to suggest it proves he's a liability or something? He might be, although let's hope not, but giving away a penalty does not indicate that.

Bruno handled at Fulham to give them a penalty (which Stocko also saved) so does whatever point you are trying to make about the BFG also apply to the bearded wonder?

No. I like Uwe. If he has a weakness compared to Dunk / Duffy, it's that he's quite a bit shorter, rather than his ability on the ground. I just wasn't sure who made the tackle. We should be able to cope with Rotherham with the available players... Derby & Leeds will prove a much sterner test of our ability in the air.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
Would be a massive slap in the face for Hune if he doesnt play - his confidence would drain away - he needs to play and get games under his belt - more than good enough imo

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
When Hune first came here he was quite impressive and now is his chance to show what he can do.

My only concern is that Dunk cannot afford a suspension unless we are out of contention for autos with 3 games to go and he can take a hit, and then come back for the playoffs with a fit Duffy.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Out of interest put my anorak on and checked 'centre backs available for transfer' site. There are 5 pages of them, some just finished playing in other countries, mainly States, so would expect to be nearly up to speed.
Who was the English defender we got on loan from Vancouver last season ?
Anorak now off !!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here