Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Amex For Sunday Lunch . . . Superb!

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Was that Category A prices you paid ?

And does the meal include transport to the stadium ?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
£30 a head for a Sunday roast with a drink is cheap?

He never said it was cheap, just not expensive. That is a 3 course meal, with pre meal drinks, wine and coffee. Doesn't seem expensive at all.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I read it as minimum two drinks (pre drinks and wine with meal) and a coffee and 3 courses. Find better value than that in Brighton and I'll pay your bill.

He could go to The Bevy, less than a mile away, and get the same meal for about £40 cheaper. And quite probably better quality too - their Sunday roasts are superb. It's our favourite pub for a meal out

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
He could go to The Bevy, less than a mile away, and get the same meal for about £40 cheaper. And quite probably better quality too - their Sunday roasts are superb. It's our favourite pub for a meal out

So you can go to the Bevy and have three courses, two drinks and a coffee for 20 quid a head?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He never said it was cheap, just not expensive. That is a 3 course meal, with pre meal drinks, wine and coffee. Doesn't seem expensive at all.
"Far from expensive" is different from "Cheap"?

Oh well, learn something new every day, I guess.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Any place in Brighton would charge as follows.

Starter - 6 quid
Main - 13 quid
Dessert - 6/7

Drinks - 4 quid pint, glass of wine 6 quid

Coffee - 2 paaand 50

I make 30 quid great value.

Any place charging much less cannot be trusted to be using good ingrediants and have cut costs somewhere and this is all FACT.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
So you can go to the Bevy and have three courses, two drinks and a coffee for 20 quid a head?

Yep. In fact, I got an email today offering a Mother's Day lunch - two courses at £10.95 per head, including glass of fizz for mum. Throw in an extra course, a few more drinks and some coffee and you're probably hitting about £80 to £85.

We went there for mother's day a couple of years ago and it was absolutely top notch scran ... but the view of Moulsecoomb doesn't match the view of the pitch. I'll give you that

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
If you can't manage all your meal and leave with a doggie bag, do the other diners regale you with a chorus of 'Is that all you take away?'

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here