Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top Gear

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Really stepped it up for their 2nd series, miles better without the ginger moron

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I enjoyed it. The last series, with Evans presenting, was unwatchable for me. I like Harris' bluntness and I warmed to Rory quickly. This is promising imo.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Was listening to Chris Evans on Radio 2 this morning on my way to work and he was talking about how the show had generally been perceived as "far better without the annoying bloke in it" from the last series! Hah!

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I like it. Hammond May and Clarkson were starting to piss me off.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
and the shunt, which looked genuinely accidental, was pretty epic. Chris Harris looked like he was really shocked and more than mildly concerned he may have killed Matt LeBlanc!

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
best episode for a long long time, far better than any of last seasons, and tbh better than most of the last batch of "old" top gear. I gave up on The Grand Tour after 4 episodes, just awful.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I really enjoyed the episode, only criticism was that the interview with James Mcavoy, it seemed very scripted and unnatural with the three of them on the sofa.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I could always take or leave the Clarkson era Top Gear but it was watchable and a fairly decent hour of telly here and there. The one last night? I think I stood it forr about 20 mins before turning over. Badly presented dross.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I did a calculation and that episode was EXACTLY 2,349,729 times better than the whole of the last series.

I read a few articles and the presenters are pretty open in suggesting Evans had complete control. There was an episode last time where Spitieri, Seasick Steve and Eddie Jordan all got involved. Basically go to guests on Evans radio show.

I'm a fan of the Grand Tour but I would love to see Top Gear still thrive. The chemistry was better between the 3 and I think Rory is a star in the making. Some of the Studio stuff is a bit rigid and that's where you realise how good the previous 3 were.

All in all, good challenge, much more structure, much less arrogant/controlling lead presenter.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
First time I have watched this series ( never watched with Evans)

its DULL DULL DULL

how they can laugh about damaging an expensive Alpha romeo is beyond me, the repairs I'm sure will have to be covered by the BBC.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
First time I have watched this series ( never watched with Evans)

its DULL DULL DULL

how they can laugh about damaging an expensive Alpha romeo is beyond me, the repairs I'm sure will have to be covered by the BBC.

Rich boys with expensive toys.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Really enjoyed Sunday episode again. Think this will only get better,

Not keen on the celeb interviews so far though.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Really enjoyed Sunday episode again. Think this will only get better,

Not keen on the celeb interviews so far though.

I like it too. They're rightly doing it their way to suit the current team and it is working. Its gone back to a love of cars, not a love of themselves. It feels like a car show again, not a show about 3 blokes which happens to feature cars. The start of this series has been about 10 times better than Grand Tour which is mindnumblingly poor, the joy in their stupidity is so forced, it is just stupid. The team behind them at the BBC was obviously a truism of 'greater than the sum of its parts'.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here