Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top Gear

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Gave up on Ep1 half way through as it was dull as dishwater.

Ep2 was a bit better though the Alfa bit dragged on with that skidding through a hole segment. Decided to fast forward all segments with studio guest which made for a better viewing experience

Ep3 best so far , but had little to beat . Stuck with FF the guest bit and it condenses the show into a nice half hour of car stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
The interviews are a bit all over the place but I'm liking the obviously set up race scenes !

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I'm only 1 min in tot he third episode and already wound up by Matts Americanism of revering t the engine as a motor.
I know he is an american but it a British show so its an engine.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
I'm only 1 min in tot he third episode and already wound up by Matts Americanism of revering t the engine as a motor.
I know he is an american but it a British show so its an engine.

Up to the 52nd Minute (FF through the the celebrity lady who i have never heard of) and he now referring to the manual gearbox as a Americanism "stick shift".

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I gave up ages ago with Top Gear. It just became the television equivalent of May and Hammond jacking Clarkson off and had served it's time - I'm amazed of its popularity. God only knows what kind of self congratulatory nonsense the Grand tour is.

That all said, I gave the new series a go and have to say I enjoyed it. I like Chris Harris and le Blanc - not sure about the other guy though. Last night's episode was much the best thus far.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I really do think this is now so much better than previous as for criticism of Le Blanc I find the fact he is American and uses his own language actually makes it far more interesting.

Yes the comedy is a bit scripted but funny and boy Sabine is a mentalist when driving that was absolutely frightening just watching

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
I like it too. They're rightly doing it their way to suit the current team and it is working. Its gone back to a love of cars, not a love of themselves. It feels like a car show again, not a show about 3 blokes which happens to feature cars. The start of this series has been about 10 times better than Grand Tour which is mindnumblingly poor, the joy in their stupidity is so forced, it is just stupid. The team behind them at the BBC was obviously a truism of 'greater than the sum of its parts'.

Couldn't agree more

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I'm really enjoying this series. Episode 3 being the best Top Gear episode since the reboot. The guest was really good too, but I guess that was down to her synergy with LeBlanc having worked together on Episodes.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here