Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Barry Hearn and Leyton Orient.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Feel sorry for him and the 'O's. It was never going to be helpful having WHU moving in on their patch either although I suspect that is that is only a small contributory factor.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
He's (Hearn) just money making scum and his son is even worse. He sold that club to a complete wildcard so hardly surprising its gone pear shaped.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Whilst I don't like to see any club go to the wall, even Palace, as previously suggested by another poster I'm not sure Hearn won't end up doing very well out of the situation.

As stated he sold Leyton Orient to this bloke for £4 million, what it doesn't say in the report is that the Matchroom Pension fund own the freehold of Brisbane Road, therefore he holds a number of aces when or if any 'Phoenix' club start again down the leagues.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Barry Hearn: When I sold Leyton Orient I told the new owner to call me for any help.

The man's a Joke!

Barry Hearn: When I sold Leyton Orient I told the new owner to call me for any help. I haven’t heard a thing…

Barry Hearn has no regrets about selling Leyton Orient to Francesco Becchetti, the rich Italian businessman.

“Not for a nano second,” he tells me. “Every day since the sale, I wake up with a smile. I hadn’t realised how much of an effect owning a football club was having on my life.”

The 67-year-old sports impresario is well aware, however, that the sale has devastated fans. Eight months ago, in Hearn’s last match as owner, Orient were leading Rotherham 2-0 in the League One Play-off Final only to lose on penalties. After six months of Becchetti’s stewardship, Orient are only above the League One drop zone on goal difference and the club are on their fourth manager of the season.

More 》》》》http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...e-for-any-help-i-haven-t-heard-a-9989672.html

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I don't give a Schmidt about recent owners or what they did or didn't do when Albion were neck deep in poo. Clapton/Leyton Orient were Div3(S) colleagues, and their fans were always keen to beat us, and us them. But it was always a friendly rivalry. They wanted their club to do well, just as we wanted ours to do.

So good luck to Leyton Orient, and a brighter future for them.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Whilst I don't like to see any club go to the wall, even Palace, as previously suggested by another poster I'm not sure Hearn won't end up doing very well out of the situation.

As stated he sold Leyton Orient to this bloke for £4 million, what it doesn't say in the report is that the Matchroom Pension fund own the freehold of Brisbane Road, therefore he holds a number of aces when or if any 'Phoenix' club start again down the leagues.

It does say it in the report........

Hearn still owns Orient's Matchroom Stadium. But for that, he believes it could have been sold for redevelopment.

"Fortunately Leyton Orient have got a 20-year lease on the ground, with another 20-year option. I did it on purpose because I could never be 100% sure where I was selling," he added.

"I kept the ground to make sure it wasn't used for the wrong reasons - that it wasn't the wrong reasons for buying a football club. Thank goodness I kept it because I would imagine now, with the situation it is, developers would be knocking on the door tomorrow."

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Feel sorry for him and the 'O's. It was never going to be helpful having WHU moving in on their patch either although I suspect that is that is only a small contributory factor.

When we were on the verge of oblivion he wanted us kicked out of the league. Their fans took great delight in our plight. Many clubs showed support, they didn't. Bollocks to 'em!

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Add in the homophobe on the PA and it's hard to find much sympathy for them.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
When we were on the verge of oblivion he wanted us kicked out of the league. Their fans took great delight in our plight. Many clubs showed support, they didn't. Bollocks to 'em!

Yes they were a pain in that period and for a few years after. I usually sat with an Orient-supporting mate in the home stands at Brisbane Rd at that time and there was no doubt that they genuinely hated us (and had an obsession with certain sexual acts). However I would hope that we could show a bit more class and I hope that they pull through this but wouldn't be too upset about them enjoying the non-league life they wished on us for a few seasons.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Watch Mr Hearn buy Orient back at a knockdown price when administration is confirmed.

That just has to be the best outcome for everybody connected to, and supporting the football club.

Ok, so it would Mean Orient slipping down to the National League with all the problems that could entail. But I guess you would be the ideal person to advise them on that atfc? lol.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here