Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shane Duffy: broken metatarsal, out for at least 6 weeks

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
If there wasn't the issue with Goldson, this wouldn't worry me. That we're down to two CBs, potentially for the whole run in, with Bruno next in line, is precarious to say the least.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If there wasn't the issue with Goldson, this wouldn't worry me. That we're down to two CBs, potentially for the whole run in, with Bruno next in line, is precarious to say the least.

Is Bruno next in line if Tonmori is a CB and a lot will depend on whether LR has to play left back or can revert to his best position at right back to cover Bruno.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I expect that the first time we hear the definitive news will be tomorrow at Hughton's press conference.

CH 'He's a bit sore at the moment, we'll see if he's ready for tomorrow'.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
What we need is for Duffy to announce that, yes, it's a break, but he's just going to play on anyway. Show a bit of that Monty Python Black Knight spirit.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Isn't there a cut off point for bookings anymore? Used to be in March sometime where bookings were wiped

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What we need is for Duffy to announce that, yes, it's a break, but he's just going to play on anyway. Show a bit of that Monty Python Black Knight spirit.
I'd take a one legged Shane Duffy haring around the pitch on one of these

mobility-scooter-2-1.jpg

over just about all other centre backs, in this division.

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
Family member of a player has confirmed the worst! Such bad luck.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Bad luck again with injuries - yes they are part & parcel but just like when our 3 left backs were all out at once v Toon we now have 2 out - had a feeling the Goldson thing would bite us. Hune to prove himself hopefully and at least has played with Dunk before - it's now KEY that Lewis doesn't get those 3 bookings - needs to play with maturity. Such a blow I'm afraid :(

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
so if true. we face 3 min games with 1 recognised CB in the entire squad!! blimey focus will be on we need to score more than the opo!!! could be some 5-5 or 6-5 coming up!!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Well no one said it was going to be easy. Hunemeier will do just fine, especially with a run of games. Dunk obviously needs to avoid yellows even more than ever now. I believe we have some good centre backs in the U23's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here