Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shane Duffy: broken metatarsal, out for at least 6 weeks

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
OK, so he was watching the boxing at 10:30. An hour before he was Believing. Three hours before that, well, nuff said about that.
This raises two points.
1/The rollocking couldn't have lasted that long
2/ Where are they watching the boxing. Even a private hospital wont have Sky Box Office (training ground?).
Either way, he would not be watching TV with a broken foot/ankle/bone.

Why couldn't he watch it on table/phone/laptop

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
This isn't info that would be widely known, if the scan is even back yet, amongst BHAFC staff.

Yet several seem to have shared it as quickly as possible so that its already turned up here. Um.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Let's not forget we've still got BFG before we all start wetting our pants. He was great last season and a big miss when we lost him so it's not like all hope is lost.
Exactly. Let's give him a chance to get back up to speed - after all, Duffy wasn't perfect in his first game or so for us, but once settled he was a rock. Also, if Uwe did pop over to NSC, slating him before he even gets on the pitch again isn't going to help his confidence...

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
The OP is talking our of their ar&e

That's rather a strong comment to make, when the OP has been informative before. Look at people's posting history before accusing them.

I hope it's only a small bone which heals quickly. It's been a tough week for the Albion.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
This isn't info that would be widely known, if the scan is even back yet, amongst BHAFC staff.

Yet several seem to have shared it as quickly as possible so that its already turned up here. Um.

I was surprised to read the comment regarding Bloom on the train - surely far too soon for any scan (or other test) results to be confirmed? They may well get them quickly, but would be surprised to be quite this soon...

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I was surprised to read the comment regarding Bloom on the train - surely far too soon for any scan (or other test) results to be confirmed? They may well get them quickly, but would be surprised to be quite this soon...

If you break a bone and go to A&E you get the results instantly, I would imagine a professional footballer would receive a slightly better service! ;)

No reason why the initial result hasn't come back instantly.

Hope it's wrong but I have faith in the OPs post sadly.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012

Bloom said according to poster - it didn't look good. Not far off what any fan must be thinking.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Bloom said according to poster - it didn't look good. Not far off what any fan must be thinking.

I was in the same train carriage & heard it also, so can vouch for that poster. TB mentioned it again to somebody on the platform as he got off at St Pancras.

My only thought was whether anybody at the club would have had a conclusive answer on what exactly the injury was at that point (ankle ligaments/ metatarsals), only suspicion. This would have been, what, at about 8pm last night. I assumed it was just a reasoned suspicion from the physio team based on Duffy's symptoms/ pain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
The first. What we mustn't do is get too down about his absence. We'll miss him but we have decent cover.

Do we, Is Hunemeier not Dunks replacement on the left side of the pairing? Thus meaning one is going to have to play on their less natural side. Or have I got that all ass-backwards, (as usual) I hope?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The first question put to CH will be along the lines of:-

'Do you agree with me that my column in some free post rag has the perfect absorbency for kitty piddles'?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here