Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shane Duffy: broken metatarsal, out for at least 6 weeks

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
No way would Tony Bloom, (or anyone for that matter), have known the full extent of Duffy's injury at that stage. It would take an x-ray, perhaps a series of x-rays, to confirm and pin point the damage to his foot. It could even be that the club still don't know the full extent of it, and for how long he is liable to be out of the side.

'No way' is wrong. A single displaced # could easily be seen on a standard pair of x-rays. I'm hoping for the best and expect that the club's team are having a closer look.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Duffy

Well let's hope Dunk doesn't get his ban until we have, hopefully, a few more wins under our belt and we have made that gap between ourselves and the third team that much wider. Although not desirable I think CH will see it as a inconvenience at this stage rather than a full blown crisis.

I played centre back for most of my young adult days, admittedly in pub leagues or worse. It's a position where you're a walking yellow card. Sometimes you just have to kick someone. Sometimes you win the ball and the idiot ref doesn't realise it and books you anyway.

The ironic counterpoint is that you should get injured less. You're not going to pull a hammy like a winger & you're dishing it out, not taking it. To lose one star centre back to suspension & another to a long term injury at the same time is odds Paddy Power wouldn't give you,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
Shane Duffy is hard as nails, he'll play through a broken foot.

(Please God don't let this be true)

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
There is more than 1 bone in the foot.

I assume some "broken foot"s are worse than other "broken foot"s.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
No way would Tony Bloom, (or anyone for that matter), have known the full extent of Duffy's injury at that stage. It would take an x-ray, perhaps a series of x-rays, to confirm and pin point the damage to his foot. It could even be that the club still don't know the full extent of it, and for how long he is liable to be out of the side.

I don't know what TB was told on the phone, so I agree with you. It might have been something far more innocuous that the 'not great news' related to. Perhaps he's up and walking about now and it was just twisted. Who knows? All I over-heard was that is was not great. We'll all know soon enough.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Please not Uwe.
His bit part performances this season have been abject.
His serious injuries have finished him. No pace and a liability.
Think CH will either play Tomori as CB or RB, moving Bruno inside to CB.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I don't know what TB was told on the phone, so I agree with you. It might have been something far more innocuous that the 'not great news' related to. Perhaps he's up and walking about now and it was just twisted. Who knows? All I over-heard was that is was not great. We'll all know soon enough.

Yes, fingers crossed.

Edit. everything crossed actually!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Please not Uwe.
His bit part performances this season have been abject.
His serious injuries have finished him. No pace and a liability.
Think CH will either play Tomori as CB or RB, moving Bruno inside to CB.

How can you say that his serious injuries have finished him? we've hardly seen him since! Admittedly his performance at Brentford was well off the pace, but players take a while to get back to full playing fitness. It doesn't happen overnight.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Rohan Ince has played at Centre Half and been MOM for Swindon the past 3 games. Just saying.

Do we have recall on his loan though? To be honest, even if we do, we have better, and more established centre backs already in the squad.

It certainly doesn't say much for their abilities if we have to try and recall a player out on loan, and one who doesn't normally play centre back, to boot.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
How can you say that his serious injuries have finished him? we've hardly seen him since! Admittedly his performance at Brentford was well off the pace, but players take a while to get back to full playing fitness. It doesn't happen overnight.

Unfortunately we do not have time to wait for him to get up to pace.
No point bringing in Tomori if we do not play him.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Looking in the bright side - as someone said if it is only a small fracture of a small bone in the foot then he could be back in a little over 4 weeks.
Now with a 2 week international break coming up at a perfect time he potentially may only miss 3 or 4 matches

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
He's had 12 which count towards suspension, meaning 3 more until a ban.

Ok. So if you get a red for 2 bookings, the initial yellow doesn't count presumably? That's decent then. If he can cut out the stupid ones, might even last the season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Liam Rosenior can play across the back four, so we can shuffle the right and left sided players, if necessary.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Thinking positive, at least we've got plenty of games against teams low in the table. If the defence gets leakier, we'll just have to shift the emphasis and make sure we outscore them. We've got the players to do it with a determined effort.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here