Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Starting 11 vs Rotherham United

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I don't understand why Sidwell has been dropped out of a lot of the suggestions , thought he was better than Stephen's yesterday as he was for Newcastle game. Now it is confirmed i would switch away from 433 and have a holding midfielder, also AK needs a rest

------------------- Stockdale ------------------
Bruno ------ BFG --- Dunk ----- Rosenior
----------------- Sidwell ------------------------
-------kayal ----------------- Stephens ----
------------ Murphy/Norwood---------------
---------- Baldock ---------Hemed ---------

with AK on for Baldock at 60 mins if no score and Murray on for one from Murphy/Norwood/Kayal/Stephens at 65/ 70 mins if still no score

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Bring in

BFG
March
Hemed
Kayal

for

Duffy
Murphy
Sidwell (although he was actually better than Stephens at Forest)
Murray

AK was awful too, his first touch was terrible, but without Norwood or Skalak on the pitch we need someone to take set pieces.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
With Derby on Friday in mind, will Rosenior, Sidwell & Murray have enough in the tank to play both games? If not, which one do they play in?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
With Derby on Friday in mind, will Rosenior, Sidwell & Murray have enough in the tank to play both games? If not, which one do they play in?

Norwood has the technique to open up Rotherham, so play him then maybe even with Kayal, but going overboard with changes can be counter-productive, so probably stick with Stephens. Then, Stephens and Kayal or Sidwell against Derby. Hemed deserves a start, and who should start against Derby ought to be influenced by Hemed's performance alongside what they're both showing in training. Rosenior is extremely fit and wasn't showing many signs of tiring against Forest; he'll be able to handle the two games.

Petee

Nov 22, 2010
Brighton
Stockdale
Bruno BFG Dunk Rosenior
Knockaert Norwood Kayal March
Baldock HEMED!!!!

Walton/Maenpaa
Tomori
Sidwell
Stephens
Murphy
Skalak/Akpom
Murray

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
For me we need experience and match fitness to get back on track. Cant take too many risks.

Stockdale
Tomori Bruno Dunk Rosenior
Knockaert Norwood Stephens Murphy
Baldock Hemed

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
I certainly would not play Kayal against Derby. Whenever he has started or come on the opposition has steamed through our midfield while he has pointed at other players to cover him. I think he is a good player but we have not got the time for him to get up to speed as games are running out. Norwood, Stephens and Sidwell in behind would make us more solid.

Canfan

Nov 8, 2014
Beyond Hope
I would start with a back four of Bruno, BFG, Dunk and Rosenior.
Tomori on the bench would provide cover for any of the above, if required.
If you start Tomori, the backup options are more limited.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I dont understand negativity towards Kayal. Was not only our outstanding player last season but one of best in championship. Compared to our other midfielders , He always makes himself available. More likely to come out with ball from a tackle, Links up with forwards better. Fair enough hasnt been given place back because we have been winning, Now is the time. Last season would have been my first choice on team sheet and should be for remaining games

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
It won't happen as we play 442 but to sure up defence and still have attacking options go 343.
Stockdale, Tomori, Dunk, BFG, Bruno, Kayal, Stephens, Rosenior, Knockhart, Murray, March.

Bruno and Rosenior can push as wing backs. Still got a strong bench with Sidwell, Norwood, Hemed, Murphy, Baldock.

I wonder whether the squad train playing various systems.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Any confirmation on the 3 Rotherham injuries...? One was Ward - bang to the head so could easily end up playing? Could really do with a helping hand...

It shows how far confidence has fallen when we're hoping for a helping hand against the worst team in the division.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I dont understand negativity towards Kayal. Was not only our outstanding player last season but one of best in championship. Compared to our other midfielders , He always makes himself available. More likely to come out with ball from a tackle, Links up with forwards better. Fair enough hasnt been given place back because we have been winning, Now is the time. Last season would have been my first choice on team sheet and should be for remaining games

I do agree with you about Kayal, but he hasn't been up to much since he's come back from his injury. I also don't get the negativity towards Norwood. He has his limitations, granted, but he's quite clearly the best passer of the ball in the squad and probably our best set piece taker too. These are the kind of qualities required in order to break down Rotherham tonight, although I wouldn't start him against Derby. We've got some serious options in central midfield at the mo.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Show last season's team dvds of the Fulham and QPR games and send them out to do the same again.

Stocko
Bruno, Hun, Dunk, Rosenior
Knockaert, Kayal, Stephens, Skalak
Baldock, Hemed.

Hunemeier for Goldson being the only change, obis.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Show last season's team dvds of the Fulham and QPR games and send them out to do the same again.

Stocko
Baldock, Hemed.

I would go with this line-up. A sort of "show us what you're made of"

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Stocko
Baldock, Hemed.

Seems risky to me to include 2 players who've played next to no first team football for ages. Kayal's done nothing in his cameos since coming back to suggest he's worthy of inclusion ahead of Sidwell or Norwood.

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
Why don't we try three at the back? It's bloody Rotherham, not Real Madrid. Just bloody go for it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here